Discussion » Nonsense » Chinese Visa

• 关震
    关震 wrote:

Hey guy,

I am trying to figure out the whole visa application thing for my life partner who is going to join me in Beijing. She is Australian citizen and her birth place is not in China.

We recently checked the info on the Chinese Embassies in some overseas countries and found that a tourist holding L visa can stay in this country for 90 to 180 days.

We plan to live in Beijing longer than six months so I am wondering if anyone has ever rencountered the similar situation before?

It would be appreciated if I could be informed of any updated visa info. 

Cheers,

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...

Perhaps a stupid question, you said "life partner" but not "wife" ... so what is your own status now? Chinese or Oz?

• 关震
    关震 wrote:

She is not my wife yet.....I am chinese citizen

• YOGI
    YOGI wrote:

the rules for visas are changing all the time, better that you find a trustworthy agency that can help you with this once she is here.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... ok ...

My life is complicated, hence (or otherwise) I also have it easy, so I am not quite familiar as others about visa ...

If she plans to live (and work here), she could do what most foreigners do, find a job and then get a working visa, but I am not too sure about the procedure ...

If anyone else here cares to help?

• 关震
    关震 wrote:

OKay. That makes sense....She used to work as an English teacher in overseas country for more than 10 years. Guess that could help....

Dingdang you are australian as well, arent you? remember you said it somewhere on the forum....

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... yes, I am ... and so the "complication" is that I am also a HK resident, so I can stay here with my HK-China pass, without the need for a visa :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.