Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » We've Hit the Turbo Swich :-)

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

We've done some great improvements on the website today, and so far our personal experience is that its way faster.

What do you think? Any noticeable difference in performance?

Cheers!

- The WLIB Team

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...

Q; what happened to the blue + pink colors for members' IDs?

• Simen Wangberg

Things to seem to be moving a little more quickly, although I noticed that a few photo galleries won't load anymore. It just says "there are no photos in this album yet" or something along those lines.

And yeah, the colors denoting a user's gender appear to be malfunctioning. No big thing though, I'll trade gender differentiation for a faster browsing experience.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

the gender thing is required in order to add google, yahoo and facebook login support (removing gender). We're going over and fixing the issues you mentioned today/tomorrow.

Mike: which albums was this? Shouldn't be related to this round of changes..

• Simen Wangberg

I actually don't remember precisely which albums - I checked two different users' albums in a row and they both gave me the same error message. I checked some more albums a few minutes ago and they appear to be working properly.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Mike: nevermind I got it, will fix it tomorrow. Just need to add a check on the tab if the user have any images or not.

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

hey ole, nice work!

one question: the article i posted a while back about the bao ans has lost all the pics. why is that???

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

Ian Bonner: I think it's because we're reorganizing our image storage, I'll get the developer in charge to have a look tomorrow.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

sort of, but what I need is a twin turbo, 10 cylinders one~ JK, nice work!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Ole ... if there is going to be a permanent restriction for the "gender" thing, would it also help to dis-allow people from changing their screen names? Sadly, I cant really justify this, though I can think of two reasons to let this go on:

1. this is a unique feature of this site

2. it helps to "confuse" people when he/she thinks that "person A" might be a new member, when in fact "person A" had been around for a while ...

Hahahaha ... and now that I have said it, I feel really silly :)

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

Hey Ole it's fixed !!! thanks so much

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

叮噹叔叔 (妇协杂工): I think you misunderstood me here. Gender will work as before, but wont be required in the signup process. It's something we do in order to make it possible to integrate authentication from e.g. Google or Yahoo so users can use existing accounts to become a member.

Iain: Yep :-) Thank you for prompting us on the issue :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Ole ... so it's a matter of database compatibility?

I use neither Yahoo nor Google (only their emails), so I am curious ... would it be a problem to let people here change screen names? I mean, would it affect their Google or Yahoo?

By the way, have you talked to Shayla today yet?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

doesnt work like that, it's just importing data from an existing account in order to create the account here. You can change anything unaffected.

Why should I talk to her today?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... OK ... I just thought that, well, never mind, I keep forgetting that I am not an IT guy anymore, hahaha ...

Yes, I asked her for help in the morning (or the night before) ... it's about a request from someone to delete a forum thread that "she" had started, but it looks like one of you have done it already ... no wories then :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

2010-12-04 ...

Problem: ctrl-f (the "Find" function in IE) does not work, at least in forum thread ...

Symp: When I click crtl-f, I can see the "Find" bar flashes on the screen, and then it is gone ...

This used to work fine, and I can search for old thread topic, or Funshion movies that I might have posted before ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.