Discussion » Beijing Life » How to meet a friendly nice good English native sp

• Amanda Wei
    Amanda Wei wrote:

I got a trouble about a friend request. She wanna me to introduce a good nice friendly English native speaker to be her friend. But where i gonna find one and meet one?? and even there r a looooooooooots of foreginer who speak English how do i know they r kind and good or not??? or whether wanna make friends with us =(

AAAAAAhhhh anybody helps???

sounds lil crazy...  b bb b but i just wanna help my friend =( give a shot at here~~ hope there ll be some nice guys =D =D

PS: she just wanna make friends and practice her spoken English. and I, hmmm maybe i need more "teachers" to improve my English except my bf =P lol

Good days!

• Stefan
    Stefan wrote:

I see where's that ging to... ;)

• 随便叫兽
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... kind? good? The mention of your BF seems rather ... mmmmm ... suggestive?

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

these girls just want a free lunch. lazy fucks.

look girls. if you really wanna practice your english why dont you get off your ass, get some money and pay for it like most people do.

you should be ashamed of promoting this type of nonsense.

perhaps your bf would not like to know this.

so incredible. I don't believe it.

ass for language?

well i guess the guys pic with "free candy" is right on the mark but someone who dips for a language is pretty scandalous in my book. but nonetheless

i know you want to learn the language but i think you can do that without risking your relationship.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Ask for references like people do in any professional environment.

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

Your friend must be very very very shy. Sending someone a friend request and asking her to post a thread to help her find a language partner for her to practice her English really doesn't sound easy. And you did it for her. You have just reached a milestone in your friendship. Congratulations.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ...

... ... or very, very, very thirsty :)

• Da Chuan
    Da Chuan wrote:

so pity we live in this place lol .laughed so much lol

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

hahha.. honey... you see. ... guys here are very sensitive about your hint..

Take her with you when you go to your English classes ..

You've probably got some feedbacks from here, but there's no garantee what "teachers" would initiated .. English? or "body language".. .. :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I cant really read your shorthand ...

Anyway, if she just wants to improve her English, but not necessary need to make a friend, I might be able to help ... send me a PM with your or her email address ...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

The hostile replies to this thread read like one big "Validate my existence!" complaint.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    Seems this thread does work tho....
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Oh yeah, you can look at the job forums on thebeijinger. There are lots of English speakers who post job wanted ads there; a lot of them are willing to teach English.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

That sounds like a business opportunity to me tho......

English teacher wanted->me<-English Teaching job wanted...

:D "I wanna be a billionaire, so fucking bad.... "  Hilarious....

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

I sincerely recommend your friend to find a Chinese person who's also willing to practice his/her oral English.

As long as you two have some basic English level and have the willpower not to change to Chinese when you have difficulties to express your meanings, you'll improve much better and faster than being with a native English speaker.

This works for me and some of my friends.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"I sincerely recommend your friend to find a Chinese person who's also willing to practice his/her oral English."

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I ought to note that I posted the picture of the child molester van because I thought the OP was looking for a language exchange partner. Bow chicka wow wow.

To be honest, I'm half-heartedly looking for some students to tutor right now, but I don't think I'd be a good fit for the OP's friend. The only way I could really earn my fee as a tutor is if the student is already pretty advanced. Otherwise, I'm not very useful. And if he/she isn't confident enough to seek out a native speaker on their own, then they probably aren't ready to be tutored by a native speaker.

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Go to the country which mother language is English.I'm sure you'll find dozens of friendly nice good English speakers easily
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

"Go to the country which mother language is English.I'm sure you'll find dozens of friendly nice good English speakers easily"

Actually, when Chinese students study abroad, they tend to live together, study together, cook together. Normally they don’t mix well with locals. The environment of learning English is not very optimistic.

But if you are a person who creats your own environment instead of relying on current environment, then the chances of improving your language skills are much higher.

I remember a friend whose major is English back in college. She spent half an hour with her classmate almost every night to practice their spoken English. So far she's still the best non-native English speaker I've ever seen. 

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

you go to a music equipment store and kindly ask for a speaker made in UK ;)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.