Discussion » Nonsense » Etiquette

• Tuco
    Tuco wrote:

Some people here on WLIB and some Chinese people really need to learn some.

I mean some of you will do some of the rudest boat of shit I have ever seen in any country in Asia.

But on the flipside there are many cool Chinese here.

Maybe you should learn not only language but how to interact with people as well.

I don't know about how anyone else feels but, I have never seen a larger quantity of stupid drivers in one city than I've seen in Beijing.

Some very simplistic, basic ideas of how to drive or walk on the street is in order folks.

At least now we can line up for a train. Hope this spreads over into other areas.

I was waiting for a fa piao today when buying something and some guy came out of the air and tried to cut in my line after I had waited 10 minutes already. and cut in front of others. A young guy on top of it all.

bu xing

• Pavel 釙樂 -po1e-

FUNNY TOPIC, DUDE! i supposed to see here discussion about Etiquette inside the community or some decent group of people, but seems it's another talking-to-a-wall space wasting :))))))))

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... for a minute, I thought this was created by Mike ... and then I realised that you are another Mike ...

May I ask, how long have you been in China, and where did you come from? The reason I ask, is whether you might have run into other Chinese who just went from mainland and moved into your town or even neighbourhood?

Before I came to Beijing (Feb 06), I have often run into new migrants or students from China, and other than the "driving skills" (or techniques, hahaha), I have already got a "preview" of what was about to come ... sadly, it is worse than I have witnessed or expected ...

We had discussed this many times in the past, and it is not possible to see much improvement in the next decade, so I agree with Mike ... my wife complained a few times that I have lost my good manner side, and I kept explaining that I have no use of it in Beijing ... hahaha, so I say, welcome to Beijing ... ...

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

haha, oh the irony.

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

(btw it's bad etiquette to complain about your host country's bad manners on a website made for people in said country. nobody is forcing you to be here.)

• Pavel 釙樂 -po1e-
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... who among us were invited to China? Not many, I am sure ...

If you were indeed one of the very few who were invited to China, then I agree with Ekki ... because even in the western culture, we dont complain to the face of our host, nor do we do it in a public forum ...

However ... if you have chosen to come here on your own free will, to experience life, to have fun, to study and/or to work, to eat all the good and bad food, to breathe the bad air, to get knocked over by drivers of all sizes or the general public, or just to have sex as many Chinese as you could possibly do ... basically, if you do not consider China as your host, then complaining is your freedom, and do complain away :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Go fuck yourself, OP.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

invited or not. come or go for whateva reason(s).

makes no difference.

ive been around asia now for more than 15 years. and some people here just have no concept of decent manners. it doesn't mean im complaining

and no i think Ekki is off base. I mean with a name that sounds like disgusting in some form just doesn't seem to hold water.

and another thing. posting on a forum about presenting truth to those who bother to read it is not so bad. because everyone talks about these problems anyway.

here is a good example.

some stuff mofo talking on his phone , standing in the middle of chengfu lu in wdk and gets hit by a car.  that is just plain stupidity.

vendors throwing their unwanted papers/trash around when they sell there day in and day out.  i mean come on!!

does the term "common sense" mean anything?

in terms that which maybe you could understand more

when you see me coming, move the fuck out of the way.

haha

@ekki, i came here because ive seen all parts of asia and have used this time here to complete my tour of asia and now working on a book.

sorry but these FACTS will be presented in my book.

its really a shame that most people come visit China only see Beijing. Which DOES NOT represent China as a whole.

this city is nothing more than a fashion trap for the young and the clueless.

ekki = icky adj. means disgusting

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

no offense but any chinese girl who dyes her hair red is not someone I believe is mature enough to express an opinion that holds any water.

25 years old with red hair?

i mean please!!

act your age not your bra size

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... you (Mike no. one) had been around Asia for 15 years? I thought you'd just arrived ...

If you are to complain, at least stand up for it ... "complained" and then said that you were not complaining ... that sounds hyppie ...

• Pavel 釙樂 -po1e-

to Mike (who opened this topic)

DUDE! you are CHEAP!

where's your so-called "etiquette", by the way?

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

let us look at it from a realistic point of view.

sure this is not the states and still developing.

but fact is fact.

do you mean to tell me you have some substantial evidence which points to my error ?

show me a good chinese driver in beijing and i will show you 1000 that should be riding the bus.

complaining sure i can but honestly if i spoke my mind I think WLIB would be closed down for some bs. nevermind that shit.

all i was saying is that if someone cuts in line, or pushes me before i can get off the train or doesn't respect personal space(even when the street is empty) that is just stupid and rude.

i never claimed to be mr. perfect. but i can claim that when someone is getting off the train that i will move out of his/her way before I try to run onto the train and knock someone over.

a story. a woman with her elderly grandma(in a wheelchair) was near the door of line 13. everyone jams in and knocked her off the chair.

now how can you deny that this is just plain stupid!!?

or how about the asshole who drops his shoulder when walking down the street.

be it or not. the fact remains.... i cannot make any changes in here and nor will i try.

fact is fact.

kids pissing on the street, vendors blocking traffic, people oblivious to the others around them and then you add all the little stupid girls trying to do this and that with a shake of their ass. haha give me a break.

whether you hate me or not. I hope you hate me !!

the fact will remain. that some chinese people here just have no clue about manners.

or the environment for that matter. i see 100's of people throwing shit on the ground when they are 2 meters away from a garbage can.

lazy fucks.. thats why i said what i did.

but on the other hand i dislike foreigners here in china even more because most of you are just here for short term and have no real idea of whats going on here.

you will be gone within 2 years and your fantasy life of fucking all you can, when you can, will be past and a distant memory after you climb back home and talk about it without any passion.

fuck my life too

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

i think she looks like a cheap dong bei whore.  now that i said it. are you happy?

• Simen Wangberg

"now how can you deny that this is just plain stupid!!?"

No one has denied the veracity of your statements regarding etiquette and manners in Beijing. We're just here to point out how much of an asshole you are.

"or how about the asshole who drops his shoulder when walking down the street."

That's me, and I'm gunning for the doe-eyed foreigner that can't push when it comes to shove. Brace yourself.

"I hope you hate me !!"

Congrats, you've succeeded admirably.

The amusing subtext to all of this is that in the course of you complaining about how rude people are, you've proved to be one of the rudest, most obnoxious sons of bitches I've ever seen on this board. Hypocrite much?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Mike (number two) "Hypocrite much?" ... my guess is Mike number one picked that one up from China, because he was probably not like that before he came here ... oh wait, he came from States, right?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

For fuck's sake change your handle back to Mikecunt. We already have a Mike here who isn't a cunt.

• Simen Wangberg

Yeah, I couldn't possibly stand for having my good name tarnished. Sporkulum.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I think China Press Publication might be intereted, considering how bad they can spell, I am sure they would love to print your book ... but you will need to lie to them that this book is about all the good nature and sweetness of Chinese people ... and make sure you leave the country before the sale ...

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

sorry dude but your book sounds like it can only bring more pointless, shallow opinion into this world. if you cannot look under the surface and follow what goes on there, be with it and express it then please do something else. i don't think you should look for a publisher for your book, just post it on the net. and then most people can just ignore it and maybe a few can read it. and we can all get on with something else. 

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    Mike wrote: Posted 21 hours ago eheheheheheh. ahahahaha. seriously, though? waiting for "well, you know china has so many people..." also, whatever man. what's commonplace here is rude elsewhere and vice versa. so it goes. if you can't beat em, join em. a low elbow to the gut works. women, children - i spare no one when i 上车。suck it up. You are a man...! !!
  • Simen Wangberg

"You are a man...! !!"

Hey, I don't want to hurt anyone when I'm trying to get on the bus/subway, that's just the way it goes down. I was Polite Guy when I first got here; then I realized it's every man for himself out there. Public transportation brings out my evil side.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    hahhaha... we all hate that... China is trying.. so.. we just need to be patient ... :)
  • Simen Wangberg

"hahhaha... we all hate that... China is trying.. so.. we just need to be patient ... :)"

It's not a big deal. I actually think it's part of the city's charm, in a strange and twisted way. And now I am adequately trained and prepared to face public transit in any metropolitan area around the world.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

“No one has denied the veracity of your statements regarding etiquette and manners in Beijing. We're just here to point out how much of an asshole you are.” -- agree.

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

off topic question:

you guys would talk/shout to the line jumper to have some respect on others, or just silently feel angry then back off ? I usually be the second type, but after one day I wasted almost one hour watching the subway trains come-and-go coz I feel so angry/shamful on all the mess in Guangzhou subway lines...I thought maybe i should change...

BTW, after live in guangzhou for some days, i would say to you guys, dont complain about beijing to me.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    归来吧,帝都人民需要你,你也要心向文明才是~
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

哎,说对了,我现在的确觉得这边太蛮荒了。。。。

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    这是俺作为对帝都没有任何莫名好感的一个人,长期走访港深穗的结果...那儿只适合捏脚,嗯。快回吧,你走了,帝都的文化繁荣程度降低了一个档次呢==
  • Simen Wangberg

"you guys would talk/shout to the line jumper to have some respect on others, or just silently feel angry then back off?"

No need for shouting - a sharp elbow just below the ribs is worth a thousand words. My bony arms allow me to target the kidneys of would-be line jumpers with laser-guided precision.

I would like to note that I've never actually injured anyone during any of my daily scuffles to board the bus/subway. I mean, I don't think I have, anyway.

table.cnt,tr.cnt,td.cnt,tbody.cnt,div.pyl,pre.pyl,p.pyl {border:0 none;border-top:0;border-right:0;border-bottom:0;border-left:0;padding:0px; margin:0px;font-family:Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:16px; font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;line-height:normal;}table.cnt,td.cnt,div.pyl,pre.pyl,sup.pyl,a.pyl,p.pyl {color:black;background:#F9F9F9;text-decoration: none;}a.pyl:hover{text-decoration: underline;}table.cnt,div.pyl,pre.pyl {width:auto;}pre.pyl,div.pyl {overflow:visible;}div.pyl {position: relative; float: left; padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; height: 55px;}

1. {wǒ} i; me
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Admittedly, I typically keep myself so distracted--with an iPod, PSP, or perpetual cannabinoid haze--that I often fail to notice when someone has cut in front of me in line.

But when I am actually in a hurry, I clear my throat like a nongmin about to hork up some lung butter on the pavement, and I glare over the top rim of my glasses.

I'm not an intimidating person by any means. My students used to call me 八字眉 and Mr. 囧. But the contrasting change in expression speaks volumes. In China, shame hurts more than a shove, 'cuz it hits Chinese people right where it really hurts: in the face.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... "shame"? Chinese? Try "insult", it might work better :)

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

lol, too funny, an asshole trying to be insulting.

sure you can do better than that, your posts just made me laugh.

i have awesome red hair, i'm half english, and i can kick your ass.

get your facts STRAIGHT before complaining.

all i hear is WHINE WHINE WHINE.. i wouldn't read your boring whingy book.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... only just realised that ... which might have raised another "point" ...

WLIB ... might want to FIX this in the forum, where a huge rectangular box appears on the top of this thread, probably because his account had been deleted?

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

damn i kinda miss him, i was waiting for more insults that i could use for forum statuses..

a friend and i couldn't stop laughing over the cheap dongbei whore and i now have that written under my name on MyChinaMoto.com.. :D

i was even trying to flame him more so he'd say more funny things!!

COME BACK!!!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Shorter Astaroth:

"Did somebody say cheap dongbei whores?"

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.