Discussion » Film & TV » Thundercats (new)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

I was chatting with a friend, who happens to be a Leo (god, I am so good at taming wild cats) and she said she wanted a new English name, and "Lion-O" popped up (she is a O blood type), so while searching for some images, I ran into this piece saying that the new Thundercats will begin this year, and will be on air next year ...

Q: are you guys and gals old enough to know who are the Thundercats?

• Simen Wangberg

THUNDER FUCKIN' CATS.

I only watched it occasionally as a kid and don't recall much, other than that it was CATS IN SPACESHIPS, WHOA

I don't have any expectations for the new ones. Maybe they'll be decent, maybe they'll suck. I don't know what the kids are watching these days anyway.

Are Saturday morning cartoons still decent? Or are they watching a bunch of crap now.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

If I could just ... move ... my arm!

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

I seem to remember one of 'em was well fit, snerf snerf.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

"Are Saturday morning cartoons still decent?"

Spongebob Squarepants is probably better than most of the stuff I watched when I was JZ's age.

Although my generation got all the drug-influenced stuff such as the Magic Roundabout and Willo the Wisp, snerf snerf.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

I remember the theme song, that's about it:

thunder, Thunder

Thunder, THUNDER

THUNDER THUNDER

CATS!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it used to be "by the power of Grey Skull" ... the bikini babes were well proportioned ...

And then it became ...  "In the name of the moon I will punish you!" ... well, at least it still satisfied our inner Tom ...

And now it is ... "I am the master at Kara-ta" (found among many of S-Bob's quotes) ... where are the babes?

• Kristine Marie Heimstad

Hell yea I remember that shit!  That and Voltron, Heman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...need I go on?  I have no idea what Saturday morning cartoons are like nowadays since I've been in China for 2 years, but before I left I rather have slept in then lose an ounce of sleep over some bullshit ass cartoons.  Now Adult Swim is a WHOLE nother beast!  

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Voltron was the shit back in the day!  That and the original Transformers. 

Hmmm, apparently I was really into robots.

• Simen Wangberg

Voltron. Transformers.

Fucking

(okay, this wasn't a saturday morning cartoon)

but

Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad. Yeah.

I forgot about Adult Swim, but I don't think any actual children watch that.

THE HEAD

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... you guys get all the "fun" stuff on American TV ... I think we mainly had things like Smurfs and Justice League on Saturday in Australia ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.