Discussion » Beijing Life » how do I get to Terminal 1 at the airport?

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

I just bought airplane tix for Guilin next week, and it turns out I'm on something called Grand China Air, and it flies out of Terminal 1 at the airport.

What the hell is Terminal 1??  I didn't even know there was a Terminal 1 at Beijing International.  I thought they shut it down.  It seems the airtrain doesn't go there.  Anybody else been to this mysterious ancient airport terminal and know the best way to get there from downtown?

Thanks.

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    You can get to Terminal 2 by subway and then walk to Terminal 1. It's not far from T2. Takes like 15min tops. Or you can take a taxi, that way it would be a lot easier.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... even my 4-year-old niece knows that Terminal Three comes after Terminal Two which comes after Terminal One ...

My guess is that you have arrived in BJ at T3? T2 is the "old" international termainal, and T1 the domestic one, is next to T2 ...

There is actually a slightly smipler way than what JZ had suggested ...

The airport shuttle (RMB 16) will take you to all three terminals, but sometimes it goes to T2 first, sometimes it goes to T3 first ... you need to make sure you get off at the correct one, otherwise, you can still take the "shuttle" as JZ suggested from T3 to T1/T2 ...

• Simen Stensvoll
    take a taxi
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet

Xiao was right, its the most simple way.  I took Hainan Air last month, so i had to go to Terminal 1. Take the airport express to Terminal 2 from dongzhimen, listen to the announcement and get down in Terminal 2. Once you are in Terminal 2, go upstairs to depatures floor, also there will be signs directing you to Terminal 1. It just takes a few mins to reach there. You dont have to take any taxi or bus, its as simple as this. Also there are some shops and a KFC in Terminal 1 incase you want to eat something :)

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Thanks much everyone. 

I've been in Beijing for a year and a half and been to that airport like 15 times, but I never knew there was more than T2 and T3.  I thought maybe they got rid of the old one when they built the new one for the Olympics, since it's not listed on the airtrain map.  Why the heck did they build an airtrain that doesn't actually go to all the terminals??

Anyway, sounds like taking the airtrain to T2 and then taking a walk or quick shuttle from T2 to T1 is the best bet.

Cheers.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    people here already said all, so, enjoy your time in Guilin, and, if u got time at T1, u can take another couple of minutes to pay a visit to the Terminal 0 :)
  • Simen Wangberg

YO DAWG I HERD U LIKE

taking the tiny airport that lives in the south end of the city.

I forget the name of it, but sometimes you can get cheaper domestic flights if you opt to take one outta that airport. Hardly anyone ever does it, but I got a good deal on my flight to Shanghai that way.

• Simen Wangberg

This one:

Beijing Nanyuan Airport
    北京南苑机场

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.