Discussion » Pets & Animals » stop the dolphin killing in Japan

• Person
    Person wrote:

http://www.takepart.com/actions/the-cove-help-save-japans-dolphins/28067

http://www.savejapandolphins.org/

perhaps the most intelligent creature - dolphins, thousands of them are being slaughtered every year in Japan...

Japanese government and the media is blinding its own people 

Please help to spread the words, every bit helps ! 

• Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

I dont want to discuss that the deed of slaughtering dlophins is right or not. Whtat I want to say is in your opion the  creature cant be killed bcz of its intelligent, so the killing the "inferior" then will be acceptable? Then is there anything different with Hitler`s ?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

as long as the creature is not endangered, and the change of population wont have significant impact on nature balance, and the way of killing is not that extreme, i mean, no more extreme than the way we massively "slaughter" cattle, I dont see a tiny fucking problem for japs killing dolphins.

wise up, 全世界的大部分人都只是被洗脑后,自认为自己的标准是正义和universal truth,从来不懂得多样化共存和尊重他人的傻逼罢了。

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

and Sakura, great analogy!

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

JZ,你鉴赏能力很高,嘿嘿

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

你慢慢适应,总会喜欢上那些男人般的女人的

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

目前正在培养鉴赏白人女性,黑人女性,以及男人的能力...==

• Person
    Person wrote:

@Sakura: I never say dolphins should not be killed just because they are intelligent... im just listing one point about dolphins. prejudgement about what you have read is not that wisest as you think you are

@Da Fan: 

as long as the creature is not endangered, and the change of population wont have significant impact on nature balance--- what the fuck is this? the "f" word is the last thing I want to use, perhaps you should wise up. why the society is now buried in apathy.  If you can't even tell the difference between good and evil, i have nothing to say about it. 

不懂得多样化共存?! if all these abundant creatures around us are killed. this doesn't even make sense.  variety would never existed.

it's a pity chinese government blocked so many secrets...a brainwashed community is rising.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

@Nancy, Umm...who said that all abundant creatures' gonna be killed? the thing is, us dude love killing turkey, one of my favorite pet, so what? I love hunting deers, and us local gov.'s happy to see this, coz it reduces exressway accident, so what? the THING is, lovely japs are just kind of different, they just fond of killing dolphins, then why it's a big matter? If u really care, u should study more about whether they made this poor creature endangered, whether such an actively have too big negative impact on environment, and can their way of killing be less merciless, and also, are there any ways of living of urs direct and indirect harm animal, eg. lipsticks...

what is good? what is evil? tell me why fishing salmon is good, and why hunting dolphin is evil?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

@Nancy

I total agree that "chinese government blocked so many secrets...a brainwashed community is rising". but i still wanna know what kind of material related to this topics are block by Chinese gov. and what's their intention for blocking this beep.(well, since u r girl, I'll us "beep" instead)

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

indeed, I feel really bad after I watched the movie, The COVE, about Japanese hunting on dolphins. not only because I have special feeling on dolphins (more than other so-called intelligent animals like dogs, pigs, seals...), but more because of the mercury problems.

Now I alredy stop eatting tuna coz it is said it contains a big amount of mercury.

And about the brain wash discussion, I think in the end killings are all cruel on any creatures with consciousness. It is more of a emotion and direct feeling problem than a logical issue. In a one part of a logic world, in the name of selfish gene, killings proves the ability of survive. It helps innovation, evoluation, modernization and world equilibrium.

Eatting beef is pretty ok, but you may feel bad when u see calf is killed. it is just like, Pressing the bottom of a gas chamber was much easier than murdering someone by knife....Mencius said it is a 恻隐之心,it is, in most cases, more of a illogical instinct rather than a culture, cultivated thing.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

totally agree, 高学术的姐就是不一样。哥同意一个吃惯了牛肉的人看别人杀海豚会产生“浅层直接的反感”,但你要知道,这种反感只不过就是你的个人无逻辑感受,背后常常没有任何道理支持,或者说,不堪辩驳,常见现象是,你批判的行为,这种行为本身,或者,你也会做,或者,由另一群人用另一种方式表现,你会觉得很自然。这并不是被洗脑,没有人给你洗脑逆也会这样,这很正常。还是那个估计:任何国家,任何社会发展程度,大部分的公民都是用纯主观的“浅层直接感受”去想问题的。有时候,政客们会利用大部分人的这种简单思考模式去进行所谓“洗脑”,但其实根本不用洗,已经自洗了。当然了,在小范围内,用“浅层直接感受”思考问题是绝对没有错的,相反,直接而高效。问题在于,在更大范围内,人们却总喜欢把自己的“浅层直接感受”用各种各样形而上的东西包装一下,去反对他人的“浅层直接感受”,这可就不和谐了...这种人类互相攻击的行为,上帝看了会笑话的

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:

我只知道海豚很难养活儿,牛羊相对容易,成本也低些,所以呢,还是能少杀就杀吧,太贵了

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

而且那货确实汞含量很高

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:

那他们丫吃的还那么爽?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

毕竟是...日本人嘛...==

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:

岛人果然重口味儿

• Person
    Person wrote:

@ Da Fan

alright, what is good/evil. i never consider that fishing salmon is good, all excessive killing to fulfill their desire (not needs) is evil. and human beings created an evil world for themselves to live in.

so what the government blocking secrets related to this topic, well, in some level, it does, all the opinions being posted here is pretty much influenced by the environment you live in (China). you don't sense it, perhaps deny it. but it'll be always there.

when you said you really don't see a problem japs killing dolphins, yep i know me sounds immature or irrational, whatever, but i so wanna punch u

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    @Nancy "alright, what is good/evil. i never consider that fishing salmon is good, all excessive killing to fulfill their desire (not needs) is evil. and human beings created an evil world for themselves to live in." --exactly what I always agree: killing is evil, excessive killing is more evil, excessive killing with no mercy is more evil too. but the point is, when evil things with almost the same "degree"(u can argue on the "degree" thing) happen everywhere, and it is very likely that U are sort of involved in the evil thing, it's realy weird that u just focus on a selected action/senario/circumstance among many, and express ur negative attitude in the manner that the whole rest part is quite OK. It's just like some stupid media put tons of tons more stupid words on sth like a single citizen's been murdered mistakenly by gov. while another gov. mistakenly sent its troop to another country, killed almost 100K innocent people, and they merely say sth on it, AS IF the later one is OK or NEVER HAPPENED. I never say killing animal is right, what I said is, I dont see a "beep" problem that japs kill dolphins coz they just fond of eating them, while if other people around the world consider is ok to massively kill other species coz they just fond of eating them. "so what the government blocking secrets related to this topic, well, in some level, it does, all the opinions being posted here is pretty much influenced by the environment you live in (China). you don't sense it, perhaps deny it. but it'll be always there." --ur logic is, since I live in China (now im in the US), and Chinese gov. is blocking "secrets" and conduct stupid propaganda to its citizens years and years, as an individual, I am destined to be brain-washed? or any of my opinions are greatly influenced by a nontransparent environment, hence they are doomed to be never rational? is that ur logic? I always think that blocking information is one of the most stupid thing in the world, but I always save the No.1 position to prejudice and double-standard. As far as I can see, it's the most effective brain-wash mechanism in the world. I don't mean to aim at u, it's not personal, I just wanna share with u my opinion. be cool~~
  • Person
    Person wrote:

@ Da Fan

i know what you are heading to... and no, my logic is not ppl in China are doomed / not rational, it's more like a subconscious thing~ btw, I never think logically, logic bores me. it's just I can't control myself when things come to animals ....  

In the beginning, I never thought there's gonna be a big debate about this stuff, I just wanna people be aware what is happening, the last thing I wanna do is complex things, always stick with the simple stuff. too many heavy subjects brought up in here. anyway, it's been good to share opinions around in here:)

@ Astaroth---- did you write that yourself? if so. that's a long poem 

• Person
    Person wrote:

oh... Da Fan... it's amazing you are responding every sentence I wrote, I could never do such a thing, and yep i am being selectively responding to some of the stuff, cuz writing too much on computers made think it's gonna be an essay.

u have a good day:D

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    @Nancy, sorry for that what i wrote came out to be a block of words, which is hard to read. Anyway, i got what u mean to say, and actually it's a good thing that if we have more people of ur type in the world. My point is, as far as i can see, if people wanna do sth good, a much much wiser and better way is not just to blame others, but, always remember to find "evil" in yourselves. Hence, logic...is kind of important. Tx for sharing ur opinion, we r cool, nice to know u, and have a good day~
  • Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

@nancy prejudgement about what you have read is not that wisest as you think you are

Ive never think of myself as wise or smart. And I dont think that I prejudged ur words coz I just quote it... Will, lets back to the topic, it is about dolphine not me right?

I know slaughtering any kind of animal (includ dolphine) is crue, but that is our opinion. Sometimes we have to consider a seemingly-right thing in a broader perspective. It is the ability that think over a question from all aspects as much as u can (even the one that is totally opposite to ur original thought) could be considered to be wise. And then only the conclusion that be conducted through that way could be considered as reasonable or convinced. A right thing always has a boundary. There is no absolute right thing in the world, what could we do is just try to be logic and rational.

Not evil, but longing for that which is better, more often directs the steps of the erring. Not evil, but goodness more often allures the feeling mind unused to reason. (from the novel The American Tragedy)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.