• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)
    Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然) wrote:

Most of foreigners living in Beijing are smokers or not ?

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

I quit smoking cigarettes 2.5 years ago..

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    smoke what? pot?? haha
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet

Do we look like aliens? ofcourse we smoke

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

.....some foreigners who do not smoke in their country...but when they come to Bejing or other places in China they are forced to smoke....they are unwilling to do that ...

You guys who smoke ,,,of course....are not aliens,,,just black sheep

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

Are u dumb? , why do u care if they smoke or not? they smoke, they eat and they shit in beijing, are u gonna do research on everything? Nobody is forced to smoke here, its just their own wish to smoke or not. I personally reject, even if a pretty girl offers me to smoke.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... (perhaps) a brilliant question, but not asked in a brilliant way :)

Draven ... my interpretation of the "question" is that, either at work or at school, a lot of people (not just foreigners, of course) are "half forced" to become smoker in order to be "one of the guys" ... and from what I have heard, this is known as "grey skill" (not hard skill nor soft skill) and is in fact quite common in many places, though in different ways ... other examples are smoking, drinking and playing ma-jong ...

Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然) ... is that (kind of) what you were thinking?

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

I agree with you and that makes sense, but I doubt thats not what she thinks :) I was forced to smoke a couple of times by my friends too, sometimes you have to smoke to get someones company, so what you said is right. In smoking i'm quite determined, but I can say, I started to use abusive words from the influence of my class mates and drinking is no exception :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... so you are actually saying here, Draven, that you were a good choir boy before you were badly influence? heehee ... * teary eyes *

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

Well, kind of ;) Just in this case. In the rest, I wont blame anyone. I can give you an example, I don't like people mess with my hair, i warn them a lot, still they just do it, I try to be patient and say "Please don't do it again, I don't like it", they repeat. So I have to say "You Fucking cunt, can you stop messing my hair with your filthy hands" then they stop. It seems like there is no space for people to be good.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it's does not pay to be good ...

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

for a example...people drink beer....they can drink it till they died...they did not force others to drink...but...the smokers are not ...they smoke...at the same time...other people have to stand the second-hand smoke....and maybe other people will die for that .....they shit  they eat they ..bla bla... of course ...they can ...but the first is that they  did not influence other people...and that is the most important...I do not care your hair or something else...it is not harm my interest..

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

叮噹叔叔 (妇协杂工)....ya....It is ...

I just do not understand why people smoke...including chinese( all the people)

I do not want to interfere others' rights....but people who do not smoke also have their rights....

that is why we do not go  to San li tun..or clubs....KTV...

drink your beer...I enjoy my fresh air..

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

Draven

people do not be good..cuz there is not exist any definition
    s about "good people"..

people smoke in their own house only or in the smoking room(a single room)...that is good..maybe..

It is good for eveyone.... 

"second-hand smoke kills ".....someone said ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I catch your drift. I didn't smoke back in the states, but if I'm in a taxi and the driver offers me a smoke, I'll take it just as a matter of courtesy.

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

Ashley

you are right ,,pollution problem in Beijing in today is till a tough problem..too many cars contribute many harmful gas to Beijng...the fresh air ...little...

but..breath the air which is not contain the smoke is better than the air contains

..though we can not make our air more fresh ..we can choose to breath the more "fresh " air

about chinese government...I am a student at university..and my major is law...

I have to say that ,,,there are toooo many aspects that others do not know including people who live in beijing for many many years...about cigarettes...including many people's profits..and maybe some personal willings of high officals。。so as chinese,,we can do nothing except do something in our dreams... Bejing。。dirty。。。maybe。。

they do not want to raise the tax  on cigarettes

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

Dando Z 单独子

it is a courtesy for  you 。。。

so I want to know what do you think of what is harm?

an accident by chance(air , train,,car..)?

people abuse you like the moive "SAW"?

or people kill you ?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Trudy,

Everything fun in life gets us one step closer to the grave. That's not to say that all harmful things are fun.

I don't smoke tobacco because it's not fun enough to compensate for the danger, but I do have plenty of other vices, so I feel obliged to show respect for the addictions other people endure.

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

Dando Z 单独子

my mother told me that I will be mature when Ican think from others' perspective,

I think I am not mature now ,,,,only a student..

people who smoke have their reasons...and also I have mine...

we just discuss not argue...as adults,,,

I accept your points...so for me...just wanna eacape ,avoiding the unnecessary trouble...“眼不见为净”..

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然) ... "people who do not smoke also have their rights" ... 

I dont suppose anyone would disagree, including those people smoking next to you right now, but then, the counter-argument is usually, "I have the right to smoke here, if you dont like it, you can move", how can you argue against such brilliant argument?

Even in the supposedly non-smoking area, they would still puff and puff, so either they are stupid, or they are not Chinese and/or cannot read Chinese (or English, and the sign too) ... but hell, they talked in Chinese ...

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

叮噹叔叔 (妇协杂工)

my opinion is ( not argue)。。" your rights are based on a princeple that do not interfere others' rights...you smoke..you move "

ya...most of chinese are low quality。。I experience。。。they are illiterate person..I do not want to use dirty...they are fucking fools...

actually ... my question is not clever just as you have said...

you know .. if some people are too incorrigible to teach...we just ignore them.

so I did not ask how many chinese smoke in Bejing...:)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Trudy,
    麻烦健康
  • Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

Dando Z 单独子

平静的生活...我向往..我不关心其他的..在学校也是..我清闲..没麻烦..

你觉得什么麻烦使你更健康?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然) ...

First, please note that I am on your side in terms of this type of discussion ... the root of the problem, as I see it, is that majority of these people was brought up with the "me me me" rubbish, meaning that "me" comes first, even if "you" also have right, but "me" always comes first ...

Many moons ago, there was actually a very interesting argument in this forum about this, god knows if I can still find it ...

Sadly, the problem will go on for many, many more decades, and until one certain generaion of parents (note: not school, and not teachers) taught their kids how to respect people, this will go on, and on, and on ...

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

go on ..................You are ...........meet my thoughts....叮噹叔叔 (妇协杂工)

and what is the result of the old argument ....? if it has

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I dont remember exactly ...

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)

that is ok。。。。I think maybe we shoud end that topic 。。I learnt a lot 。。。from people who answer that question。。especial you 。。haha

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.