Discussion » Beijing Life » rental agencies

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:

for shitz and giggles ive been walking by the rental agents offices along my area and in wudaokou and saying "thief" and just keep doing it everyday.

PROTEST THE HOUSING SCAM

Don't buy a fucking thing from them..

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

Then buy houses from  real estate developers.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... more and more deja-vu ... havent we been through this before?

My advice is be very specific, but not necessarily picky or nit-picking ... e.g. we have speciifc requreiment for direction (not because of feng shui) and tidiness (especally the kitchen and bathroom), and if these two dont pass, nothing else matters ...

And after seeing one or two (or more) without success, those really terrible agents will disappear, and you will be left with some of the better ones ...

Also, bring someone who can talk the talk, i.e. Chinese, and when it comes to signing contract, you must be careful about each word or line (which is all in Chinese, which emphasises the need of bringing someone local, even if not a lawyer) ... and if anything in the contract does not match what was said or promised, dont be afraid to ask to get it clarified ... and remember, until you sign it, you are not responsible for anything ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... only had two small boxes of that throughout my entire life ... I want to do some tanks or sportscars models ... any good place to shop for them in BJ?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... TProphet ... 8000 is a lot of RMB ...

1. where do you work?

2. which area do you prefer?

3. what kind of condition and/or requirement do you have?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I dont have much to tell about WDK, nor Sanlitun, but there are a fair number of apartments in Tuan Jie Hu area that you can choose from, which could be below 8000 (?), perhaps about 10 years old, give or take a little ...  

I am more familiar with the Shuang Jing area ... and I think Viva would not be a bad choice for you, due to its convenience and there is quite a vast population of foreigners, so it would be easy to meet new people ... when we were "hunting", I had inspected a few reasonable ones between the range of 4500 to 5500 ... and it is only a taxi ride (less than 20 yuan) from Tun, also close to Xiu (which might be your kind of place?) ...

If you cook, and you need an oven, you might want to consider Legent ...

• Stefan
    Stefan wrote:

hahaha.. check the bills, good one!.. what they are like..  a dirty green tag glued on your mailbox, saying.. 700 rmb electricity bill + 20 rmb delay penalty.. pay now! excuse me, where was the damn bill in the first place??? oh..oh.. the slip paper lying in the dirt next to the entrance door of the building..ahh..alright..

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.