Discussion » Dating & Romance » Chinese men deflated by sex lives

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Chinese girls, please start having sex with Chinese men!  They are miserable, and they aren't getting any lovin'.  Why do Western guys get to have all the sex?  Somebody has to help these guys out.

Courtesy of China Daily:

Men deflated by sex lives says survey

By Yang Wanli (China Daily)
    Updated: 2010-10-28 08:21

Only 0.5 percent of Chinese men are consistently satisfied with their sexual experiences and the amount of sex they are getting is "far less" than people enjoy in Western countries, according to a new survey.

The survey says that almost 70 percent of Chinese men have sex between two and five times a month.

"The frequency for men in Western countries is between two and five times a week," said Zhang Yilan, an official from the Chinese Medical Development Research Council who was among the experts involved in the survey.

The research, which took five months to complete and involved 33,000 men, was conducted jointly by the council and Beijing Dawn Hospital. It included an online questionnaire, Beijing-based street interviews and analysis of hospital records.

The findings were released earlier this week.

Zhang said the survey set 100 as the maximum for satisfaction from sex.

"Seventy percent of men rated their satisfaction under 60. If we take 60 as a pass score, it means that 70 percent of men failed. I was surprised by that," she said.

(read the rest of the story here)

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

"The survey says that almost 70 percent of Chinese men have sex between two and five times a month"

They obviously did the survey after 天上人间 was closed.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    hmmm... it might be the case if the survey did particular referencing the answer of Chinese men above 55.
  • Ikevenson
    Ikevenson wrote:
    As a Chinese man I have to say That is NOT true!! Chinese women do have sex with Chinese men!!.....well if you are willing to pay them or give things or equal value.. yes, and there are Chinese prostitutes too....which is more of the case... there you have it, my Argument for you Mister!
  • Monica Jakobsen

china daily can go to hell

to be honest. who will give out their real sex stories out to the press.

if anyone wants to conduct a survey within a group of male of chinese, for 100% they will get something like they got on the china daily. overly abuse with sex sounds pretty bad in china, so ofcourse every male will say"we only do it 3 times a month" comon mang is common sense. how can you ask a bank robber"hey man how offten do you rob"

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

I have heard, the chinese men dont want to have sex everyday if they have a gf, they play video games or get drunk or sleep. Also they just have sex only when they are horny. So maybe its the guys fault not to blame the girls ;)

PS: I'm sorry if i was wrong, but it was just a feed back from some girls, hate them not me :D

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

I certainly agree that China Daily should go to hell.  It's pretty much the most imcompetent and dispicable English-language product on earth.

However, don't blame this one on them -- they are just reporting the news, which is their job (OK, their secondary job). The survey was conducted by the Chinese Medical Development Research Council in partnership with Beijing Dawn Hospital, not by China Daily.

It says that right there in the 3rd & 4th sentences.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

the same old words: "Chinese" is not a group of people, it's a combination of a bunch of totally different subgroups of people. i don't know if it's a bless or curse, but it's the truth right now. some ppl can get millions of cash by doing nothing, while some poor kids' working in sweetshop for penny; some assholes banging different chicks everyday, while some farmer workers spend month's saving to get laid at some places like "barber shop", and then may be caught, fined, imprisioned by cops, who sometimes bang sex workers for free; and some mid-aged man may state to stupid survey organizations that they only have sex with their wife for 2-5 times, while few of them would tell you the truth what their "private life" really are, coz their wife got no idea abt it too...

interesting huh? let's see how this interesting country's gonna be. i like this interesting country, no kidding. why? coz it's crazy-ass interesting:) the thing i totally agree is, China Daily should go to hell. u people really read it?!

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Da Fan, you are a gentleman and a scholar.  Well said, I can't argue with any of it.  And I especially agree on what a fascinating place China is, which is pretty much the reason I'm here.

As far as China Daily, I do sometimes read it, but not by choice.  As a foreign teacher employee at a university which shall remain nameless (unless you check my profile), I am forced to receive China Daily, every single day.  Some mysterious unseen delivery person slides it under my apartment door every afternoon around 4.  I was never asked if I wanted it, I never pay anything for it, and I have no power to stop it from coming.  It's a clockwork-like injection of daily propaganda for all of us that work here.

Despite my best efforts to filter it out of my line of sight, I can't help but notice the occasional headline.  I try to throw away the front section immediately, but sometimes there is an interesting -- or ridiculously absurd and thus also interesting -- social article (like this one) in the inner sections.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

i can imagine the scene, when you open ur door everyday, you see it on the floor. but, hey, you got luck, as it's the english version. believe me, it's gonna be pain-in-the-as if it was a chinese version one:D

as to this fascinating place, i'm really not kidding. compared with places where everythings are well regulated and nothing new, i'd rather stay in places where different points of view collide, or, in other words, social standards are evolving to a direction that no one know. So i sometimes say to my friends who are majoring sociology or stuffs like that that they should go to China to get inspiration.

well...what's fun about life in the US from a foreigner's eye? umm, it seems that everything is illegal here, and the most recent case is that supermarket refused to sell me beer coz it's after mid-night. well...they have reasons:(

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

It was probably phrased "how many times do you have sex with your spouse per month"

Maybe if they changed it to "how many times do you ejaculate in the company of a female" the number would be larger

The problem is always in the question, not the answer

• Joakim Berg Solum

What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... BJ has a population of 20million, we will be conservative and assume half of them are male (actually, if I remember correctly, it should be more than 50%) ... using a normal age group distribution, about 60% of them should be qualified for this "study", which is about 6million, but the survey only asked 33k men, which is less than even 1%, and then made a generalisation about the whole of Chinese population?

Hahahaha ... next thing you know, they would go to Village, choose any random white guy, take some measurement, and then conclude that all foreigners are overweight?

• Joakim Berg Solum

How can you use words like normal age group distribution, but then make a statement about survey size which clearly ignores the concept of picking a sample size large enough to be significant but without having to sample the whole population?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    dude, you are so mean, hahaha ;)
  • Monica Jakobsen

@andy

andy i would like to recall what you said about the chinese male lives under constant peasure . well dont you think that goes the same for every male thats living under the preasure.

really still....... the survey is based on something thats verbally said. people do make things up, and i believe, chinese male are just kinda wanna be under a low profile.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

JJ: not that I'm aware of.  I imagine that's a slightly sensitive topic.  Would be amusing to see the results though.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Google "how often is it normal to have sex" in both English and Chinese. (You can Baidu it in Chinese if you want). The answers are very different.

• Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:

Only 0.5% woaah shocking figures, jeezo

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.