Discussion » Nonsense » First Responder

• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:

Picture the following scenario: You're walking down a road at a calm leisurely pace, not in a hurry or anything. Suddenly, you see a motorcycle rider run into a teenage schoolgirl knocking both himself and the girl down in a flashy show of sparks and shattered glass. They both get up moments later, the girl is visibly hurt but not that badly injured and same with the bike rider.

Your first instinct is to:

A) Grab your phone and call the police to make an accident report

B) Wave your arms around in the air and tell everyone to come look at what you just saw

C) Grab your cell phone and start taking photos

D) Run over to try to help them

E) Stand by and watch... they're probably OK anyways, right?

F) Beat up the dude on the bike for being so careless as to run into a 12 year old girl

G) Walk up to both of them and complain that they've just caused another traffic jam and that they are contributing to the traffic problem in Beijing

H) Other

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

D)

• Camilla
    Camilla wrote:

This acctually happend to me twice in _____ (chinese city which I for the sake of those from that city won't mention..) Though it was a lot worse.. And those hit didnt get up.. Combine B and C with pointing, and laughing: that was what everyone around did.. While me and my friend, which neither at that point spoke chinese tried to call for ambulace and police, while making sure the injured girls could breath... Happend twice, as I stayed in that city for 5 days... A year later I still decided move to China.. But not going back to that city! Ever!

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    @Jon, D @Camilla, which province?
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

In an English-speaking country, D.

In China, E, unless I'm literally the only other person within a mile radius, in which case probably back to D.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Get our your video camera so you can film the whole thing and then later remix it into a massive viral internet sensation.

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

@JZ: Dude, even 12years old :P ???

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

It happened to me twice, but I just fell once, so during that time, there was a big crowd watching like there was some live sex going on, and some guys helped the girl and they were looking at me like I raped her, between it was her fault, but thats life :P

If they are not badly hurt, I will just walk away. Maybe give water :)

• Daniel Westerberg

Draven, if you are driving a motor veichle (motorbike or car), it's always the drivers fault. Never drive faster than you can controll the ride, you should be able to stop in time if someone runs out in front of you. If there are children on the side of the road (12 year olds are children), it's even more important to keep an eye on them, because they may run out in the street without lookin first, for no reason..

as for the question, I would probobly do E if they all seemed ok and if they don't call the police/ambulance themselves I would combine E with A.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

At one time I was certified to be a first responder for performing CPR. Fortunately, I've never had an opportunity to see if I had the balls to do it. It's very easy to break a victim's ribs during CPR, even--or especially--if you do it right. So I'd probably hesitate long enough to see if there's anyone around who's more qualified. If I'm sober and I'm reasonably sure I'm the person's best hope, I'll jump in and do (D).

Otherwise I'll just hang around long enough to make sure it doesn't end up as a hit-and-run.

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    A lot of Es in mind but will probably end up doing D.
  • xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx wrote:

A and D.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.