Discussion » Nonsense » dual-sports.

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

anybody in here ride motorcycles?
    particularly a dual-sports bike?

if so, what bike do / did you ride, and what's your opinion on it?
    what would you recommend?

looking to get one around springtime, but haven't settled on which one i want yet..

• Joakim Berg Solum

Can you get a KTM in Beijing? I'd love to get maybe the 690 Enduro... Dude, if you figure it out let me know, I'm a motorcycle fanatic and would love to check out the scene here, if there is one. Racing/dirt/trail riding only though. I have no fucking interest whatsoever in riding on public roads with the rest of the traffic.

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

i've never seen a superduke or 690 enduro on the streets in china, but my friend has a 990 in hk.. both the 990 and the 690 are soooo sexy!!! i'd love to have one.. but they are so damn expensive :(

a fellow motorcycle enthusiast has compiled a 10-page MS doc list of registrable bikes in beijing, i'm waiting for him to mail it to me.. hopefully the ktm will be on that list!

so far i've been looking at the Yamaha WR250X or XT250X (as it has a lower seat height), but a chinese bike has been brought to my attention...

before you say "awww chinese bike, shoddy materials that will fall off on your first ride", an experienced foreign driver has tested it pretty extensively and given it excellent reviews. the engine is based on a solid suzuki model (can't remember which one at the moment)

anyhow, when i finally hit the shops to do some bike shopping, i'll ask about the 690 and let you know! :)

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

well.. turns out that list has expired for this year, but the government STILL haven't released a new updated version yet..

"next week..."

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.