Discussion » Employment Opportunities » Foreign English Teacher Wanted in Beijing

• Wft6699
    Wft6699 wrote:
    Position 1: English Kindergarten Teacher Location: Chaoyang District, Beijing (you could also choose the kindergarten located in Chanping District or Shunyi Disrict) Job Responsibilities: Qualified full time English teachers to teach children aged from 2 to 6 in kindergarten. Monthly Salary: 100,000-120,000 RMB ( 80,000-100,000 RMB if we provide the accommodation) Requirement: Be a foreigner who could speak idiomatic English; Be good at interacting with young children; Others: The experienced one will be considered firstly. Position 2: English Teacher Location: Beijing Job Responsibilities: English teachers Requirement: Having solid knowledge in English; Others: The salary can be negotiable. We can arrange both full time and part time job for you. If you are interested in it, please send your resume and photo to us. Receptionist: 5321502605/ 010-58347605 E-mail:info@chinastudy.org ( Please with the title ” JOB APPLICATION+position+your name ”) We are looking forward to hearing from you soon. Kindly Institute of Chinese Language and Culture
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Just make it the real salary. You can't edit the post. 120,000 per year is unimpressive, since we know what you charge and we know what other teachers make.

• Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:

damn。。。。。I was shocked by 120,000 per month!!!!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Astaroth ... where did you get the 2xx per hour difference?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... got it ...

• 哥们
    哥们 wrote:

for 100 RMB an hour you might even find a certified English teacher and not somebody who just teaches English

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

哥们,the people  who run up to me on the street asking if I can speak English offer more than 100 an hour, so I don't know how someone would get a real teacher for that price.

A community college graduate with a 2.75 GPA and a TEAFL cert though, I could see them getting that.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... with all these talks about English teachers, may I find out how much do these guys really make each month?

Based on the rate of RMB100 per hour, for an 8-hour day, 20-day month, that works out to be RMB16000 per month ... so as far as I know, this is not a bad deal, or where id my calculation go wrong?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Wft6699 you are not the head of the poor school, are you? lol

• Monica Jakobsen

i think the guy is trying to explain a point here.....

always chinese school started their AD with a high salary, and when you sign a contract, at some point the deal changes lol.

• Monica Jakobsen

well this guy definately went over wid it.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I am afraid I cannot correct you, since I dont know ...

Astaroth might though :)

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

It depends if you work for a school or if you work freelance: this position advertised is for a kindergarten, works out at around 8000-10000 a month and I would guess involves around 30 teaching hours per week, which works out at about 65-85 an hour.   Deals like this would normally include airfare and accommodation, and are generally above board.

The other option is to just freelance it and apply to schools like this on a part time basis(this advertisement also leaves that option open). Teachers are paid by the hour and generally command between 100-200 an hour. On the other hand, these teachers are employed according to demand so they're not incredibly stable and people who work this way will have to deal with multiple language institutes as they'll only get a few hours here and there. A lot of the teachers that take up this option are here on tourist visas(and so technically not allowed to gain money through stuff like this) and if you stay at any of the youth hostels in Beijing, the chances are you'll find people that have come to Beijing to do begin teaching this way or to get more money together to fund their tourism.

/explanation.

And opinion post will come later!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.