Discussion » Nonsense » death of Wudaokou

  • Jimi
    Jimi wrote:

    The first time i was there was 2003. and back then it was far nicer than recently.

    with all the vendors on that street it really fucked up everything. and also looks bad with all the garbage laying around.

    but some investors have stuck to their plan. they did invest a lot there and now it appears that most of those vendors are not allowed to be there. but im not sure.

    the sidewalk is blocked off with those famous blue makeshift fences keeping those vendors away.


    HURRAH. maybe now wudaokou will be decent enough to go walking through again. do not support vendors on the street. it just totally fucks up traffic that already has enough problems.


    hail development

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)


    Hahahaha ... but the traffic problem is more a (indirect) result of development in the first place, or rather, poorly planned development, instead of just the street vendors ...

    I do agree that the garbage is the result of street vendors (direct and indirect), however, it is also about education and information ... in fact, I would bet a lot of those garbages came from people who purchased from the vendors, e.g. BBQ sticks, plastic containers of 麻辣烫 ... you can get rid of the vendors, but you cannot teach these people anything ...

    Many years ago, when the HK government tried to "legalise" the street vendors, it did not work too well, so they moved them "up" into "market building", where the first floor is usually meat and seafood, the second vege and fruit, and the third misc, also making street vendor completely illegal during daytime ... that had worked very well for many years ...

    China needs proper (and better) town planning ... development should not be just about $$$, but more about a greater good ...



  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Fuck all that. Ban cars and make more room for the vendors.

  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

    I was walk directly on their cheap Tobetan jewlery. What are they gonna do? They have no legal right to be there and they're reason I have no room to walk. Fuck 'em. Here, here Astarotth.

  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

    The vendors themselves don't really bother me, but rather the pedestrians who stop to look at all of their junk, which I suppose is their fault.

    But still. At least they're not actively being annoying. (Sanlitun, anyone?) I've since learned to walk in the bus lane while navigating the neigborhood.

  • Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

    wudaokou? what's wudaokou? NOT in CBD?!?! west side, you say?? why would anyone ever go there?...

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)


    Hahahahahaha ... yeah, why? * teary eyes * (but only because I have a flu/cold, hahaha)

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:


    Oh. No. You didn't.

  • Ekki
    Ekki wrote:


  • Ellinor Lauritzen



    the new rage is all about 6 7 n 8 daokou

  • Simen Wangberg

    "rage in liu daokou? there is nothing there but a starbucks, kfc and small shopping center."

    I used to bring the rage in that KFC all the damn time. Family dinner bucket son. Kill you deader than black plastic, but it tastes so goooood

  • Ellinor Lauritzen

    wait i need to know more bout these korea n japanese hos.....


    for reals...????


    shits crazy son

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc