Discussion » Nonsense » halloween costumes

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:

does anyone have a good lead on any stores for costumes? I am thinking of going as dando

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

Yeah i'm wondering the same thing!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Have you tried taobao?

• Simen Wangberg

Uhhh, you can probably get some sweet combat boots at the army surplus store in NLGX. I mean, it's kinda like an army surplus store, except with fewer rednecks. Those places were awesome though.

Taobao. Fucking hell

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... just found these photos this morning, might be an idea ...

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:
    ..... when and where you guays going to have fun for Halloween anyway? I plan to dress up like a ghost bride(simple version)... but my mon can not accept my idea, she thinks that is not lucky and weird...
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet

I will be a PIMP, so i need some hookers, anyone? :D

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

Alien Street Market
    The creatively named Alien Street Market stocks all sorts of bizarre and kitschy trinkets with which you can adorn your costume. Plastic swords, feather scarves, multicolored wigs and a notable fur collection grace this market. Yabao Lu (south of Fulllink Plaza), Chaoyang District.
    老番街市场, 朝阳区雅宝路

Hongqiao Market
    For cheap knick-knacks, makeup and spectacular wigs, Hongqiao Market is the place to be. If you buy any fabric on the upper floors, you could always enlist a tailor to fashion your material into something spooky and haunting. Daily 8.30am-7pm. 36 Hongqiao Lu, Chongwen District. (6713 3354)
    红桥市场, 崇文区红桥路36号

Panjiayuan Market
    Why not have a dig around in the cosmos of clutter and unearth some old-school Chinese clothing? Get there early and bargain hard. Mon-Fri 8.30am-6pm, Sat-Sun 4.30am-6pm. West of Panjiayuan Qiao, Chaoyang District. (6775 2405)
    潘家园旧货市场, 朝阳区潘家园桥西边 

Tian Le Toy Market
    This four-story toy emporium lies just beside Hongqiao Market. Pop inside and browse the booths, which stock a decent range of Halloween goodies and fancy dress outfits for the tots. Daily 8.30am-7pm. 136 Fahuasi Jie, Chongwen District.
    红桥天乐玩具市场, 崇文区法华寺街136号 

Wudaokou Clothing Market
    Wade through the sea of students to find some costume accessories. There’s plenty of cheap clothing, not to mention impressive wigs, fantastic jewelry and fake tattoos that should provide inspiration. Daily 9am-7.30pm. Northeast corner of Xueyuan Lu and Beisihuan Lu, Haidian District. (6239 6347)
    五道口服装市场, 海淀区学院路和北四环路十字路口的东北角 

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

Yashow Market
    With five floors stocking everything you can possibly imagine, the infamous Yashow Market can certainly provide you with adequate Halloween paraphernalia. Come here to stock up on masks, makeup and fangs. Daily 9.30am-9pm. 58 Gongti Beilu, Chaoyang District. (6415 1726)
    雅秀市场, 朝阳区工体北路58号 

Huan Run – a small costume rental store located in Wanda Plaza – is a bit better, but still.

Xidan, too, houses a few such vendors – such as the Minority World Market in the back roads past Starbucks and by McDonald’s. We have it on good account that this is the place in Beijing for costumes, whether you’re looking for fake glasses, feather boas, bling, colored contacts or lingerie. It can be tricky to find, but the items are cheap and diverse and just plain eccentric – perfect for Hallow’s Eve.

• Simen Wangberg

Well, that settles it then. I'm going as Giant Cloud of Babies-Man. Seriously what the hell.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.