Buffalo wrote:

Chilean 26 yo, looking for a job.

contact to buffalo@xap.cl

Work Experience

·         Federico Santa Maria Technical University

-          English Language Class Assistantships

-          University promotion for high school students

·         Network Installation.

·         Video and Sound/Music Edition.

·         Computer Assistance and Maintenance.

·         Design and Construction:

-          Computer Software.

-          Web Sites.

·         English Private Teacher.

·         Computer Private Teacher.

Computer Knowledge

Advanced:

-          Visual Studio (.NET) , C/C++/C#, PHP, ASP, HTML, JavaScript and so on

-          SQL Database (Postgres, MySQL...)

-          Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point

-          Adobe Photo Shop, Adobe Premiere, 3D Studio Max, Adobe Audition, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash, Matlab

-          Internet Networks

-          Windows 98, XP, 7, Linux

Languages

-          English, high level written and spoken. Approved by First Certificate of Cambridge.

-          Spanish, Native language.

-          Chinese Basic Level.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Pablo Navarrete ... have you registered yourself on ChinaHR.com and/or 51job.com? I dont know if they have English language pages on their sites, but I am quite certain that your IT skill is still quite hot in the market (and on those sites), except that you dont have (or did not mention) SQL Server and Oracle ... having said that, I dont think you might get too many offers, because they would be concerned about which "level" should they pay you, being a foreigner ...

Good luck ... and feel free to talk more if you need help ...

PS. Monster.com would not be very helpful ...

• Jenelyn Tambago

I know oracle, but I'm an expert using Postgres and MySQL really since most of my jobs on SQL have been with webpages hosted in those environments. What I'm most worried about is my Chinese abilities that goes from saying hi to food!!

Well actually I'm specialized in SW Project Management & Innovation and Interface Design. Here there 2 kinds of engineers.

"Egr. Civil Informatics" is 6 years study and is somehow a master degree.
    "Egr. Informatics" 4 years is like a bacherlor's degree. Technician in programing if you like...

I don't REALLY know how to compare the degrees here in Chile with Chinese ones.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Besides looking for language partner (hahaha, sorry, cant help but to laugh) to improve your Chinese, again, you could definitely have a look at ChinaHR.com and 51job.com ... I am certain that they have English page on their sites, because I saw that back in 2006 when I first came to BJ, and I strongly suggest you go through the registration, upload your CV (better yet, fill in the blanks of their respective standard CV forms, it will help people to find you), also search around on their sites for some vacant positions ...

By the way, I have never been to Chile and never studied in China, so, I cannot help with the "degree conversion", heehee ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Pablo Navarrete ... I have spoken with your "agent", and here are a few extra points for your reference:

1. for the schedule (and time frame) that you have chosen, i.e. around end of year or beginning of new year ... this is often considered a peak season for "human traffic" in the job market, because this is the time when people get their "end of year" bonus (this is paid before Spring Festival, i.e. Chinese New Year) and then they would consider changing to another job, hence usually lots of movements ... or, in your case, bad timing ...

FYI, from my experience, my arrival was in Feb, but I did not get my job till June, of course, this depends on the individual ...

2. again, for the time frame that you have chosen, if you tell people in advance how long you will stay, there is nearly zero chance for you to find any IT related work, and I also dont suggest that you should lie about it as well, because if you consider coming back to China for a career in future, that might be bad reference ... so if money is not the objective, my advice is to get a temporary teaching job at one of the language institute to teach Spanish ...

and oh, I have made arrangement with your agent to have dinner together when you are in town, we will see you then :)

• Jenelyn Tambago

Hahahaha thanks my friend, it has been really helpfull. Actually I was planning on looking something related to teaching, but who knows, if there is something good in IT i may stay for a while.

I would gladly meet you then!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.