Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » WHO wanna a "Fun and Flexible Chinese Tutor!!

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:
    Greetings, friends! Looking for a flexible, experienced, and (most importantly) FUN Chinese tutor? Look no further – my name is Zoe Zhong Ming, and I would be more than happy to help you take your Chinese to the next level. I recently graduated from Beijing Normal University with a degree in Chinese Language & Literature, as well as a minor in English. I am fully prepared to teach you anything and everything you want to know about Chinese – both the language AND the culture! I’ve tutored students from many parts of the world, including the United States, Germany and South Korea. My hours are fairly flexible – I can meet you weekday evenings at a coffee shop, quiet restaurant or even your own home. I think you’ll find my negotiable rates to be quite competitive! Interested parties may send questions, comments and inquiries by replying to this ad, or by email: zmwz_zmwz@hotmail.com. Hoping to hear from all you eager Chinese students soon! Cheers!
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

Can you put your legs behind your head?

• Camilla
    Camilla wrote:

....Zoe Zhong are you new here? Or you don't find to much interest in reading the forums here? Haha, with that advertisement you can only except to get a lot of bullshit back.. I'm even suprised you got no more than just one comment so far....

And please don't get me mistaken here, I am also eager to know if you can put your legs up behinde your head. And meanwhile read out chinese poems? I don't know if this is a suitable activity for a coffee shop, but my house works fine by me! :)

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:
    I am not new here,but have not visited for a long time. When i told my boyfriend i got this bullshit back, he said"ignoring him is the best insult u can use. Although, out of curiosity, can u put yr legs behind yr head?that would be pretty amazing" Fuck my life!!!!! btw:to Camilla, for me, i thinks this activity is more suitable in a coffee shop, not ur house:P
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Aw. Jesus World-Ending Christ. I'm too late.

• Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:

I wish you get at least a single positive output for your FFC at this forum ... :)

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

Zoe, it all depends on how flexible you can get. Good luck.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Hahaha, at least I know I'm still in the right place, given Shane, Camilla, and Dando's feedback. Dando, I echo your sentiments.

Zoe, it might nto be suitable for Camilla's house, but it's totally suitable for my house... I can do splits too you know, so if you're that felxible I'm sure we can come up with a very "educational" experience.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

In retrospect, it's a good thing I didn't get to the first stab at the putting-your-legs-behind-your-head wisecracks, since the OP is dating one of my pals. Some cracks are best left un-stabbed at.

Anyway Zoe you totally walked directly into that. Just sayin'.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Dude... that was brilliant.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... guys ... excuse me, but what is OP?

As for reading Chinese poems in a coffee shop, in China ... it might be like reading Shakespeare, aloud, at (or outside) Time Square, except that people might throw some coins or small notes at your, whereas if you read Chinese poems in a coffee shop somewhere in China, you might get a few stares ...

By the way, seriously, I have forgotten most of my Chinese poems, would anyone like to have a group to share their fav Chinese poems, preferably something more than a hundred years old? Or is it just me? heehee ...

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    Personally I'm not a big fan of this kind of threads. And neither are you, obviously. But then again I wonder what on earth we have against them? I can't figure it out myself. @叮当叔叔 Reading Chinese poems in a coffee shop equals "I'm a weirdo and let me be." That's not cool.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I remember many decades ago when I was wearing jeans that did not fit, and I kept a "coin bag" the size of a big eggplant in the right hand pocket ... and that was really not cool ...

However, as the unofficial WLIB weirdo, I am still for the idea of a Chinese poem group, hahaha ...

You (Xiao) are correct to say that I am not a big fan, but then I am not against them, it is just that the strategy Zoe had adopted, i.e. to place an "ad" in the forum, had been done many, many times already and it is getting a bit old, and the "flexible hours", it can be interpreted as "I dont have a job now, so I am teaching Chinese to make some money" (heehee, sorry Zoe, that's how I had interpreted it) ...
  • Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Aw. Jesus World-Ending Christ. I'm too late.- hahahhahahaha...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

There is a threshold at which seemingly uncool endeavors become cool. One derivation of coolness comes from projecting an aura of not-giving-a-fuck. DD knows reading poetry is lame as fuck, but if he has fun in spite of its apparent lameness, he becomes cool as fuck by virtue of having the balls to risk his face.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

upstair is speaking English...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.