Discussion » Nonsense » what kinds of transportation you use?

• Cc
    Cc wrote:

bike。motorbike, car。cab, bus, subway, on foot

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

BMW, in superb condition, only cost me 6,000 bucks, even cheaper than a Cherry QQ in China. 感谢国家!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

In Beijing, subway and bus.

In US, car. Now that I'm  visiting with no car I tried to take the bus a couple times, but it takes three times as long as driving, and is more expensive too.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    yeah, in beijing, subway is the best choice, tho the environment there is not so pleasant. fact: drive from Zhongguancun to Wangfujing in morning rush hour, 1.5 hours, 20L gas, and I'm sure that after that, u got no patience for the whole day. take subway for the same trip at the same time, 40min, 2 RMB, and u can find a seat to take a nap if u got luck.
  • Rebecca Arnesen

palanquin. It might not be the fastest method but beats the car at rush hour. especially if your bearers are well beaten.

• Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:

Subway or cab, depending on where I'm going. At home, I use the car for pretty much every journey.

• Kent Bekkavik
    Kent Bekkavik wrote:

At home, I use the car for pretty much every journey.

Yeah, especially the bedroom - loo route.

• Hanne Jensen
    Hanne Jensen wrote:

Just thinking that whats the purpose to put this threat? 

• Morten Eriksen
    subway everyday
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

In Beijing I used the subway pretty much any time before 8 PM. After that-taxi.

In Bangkok-lordy mamma. BTS, MRT, taxi, tuk-tuk, klong taxis, riverboats, motorcycle cabs, plad paews (I think that's what they're called...flatbead trucks) mini-vans, bus...the options for transportation here are stuptifying.

• Anne-Line Søderholm

Driving, every damn day, it sucks

• Trudy Yuchi (尉迟蔚然)
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I take the subway a lot and I'm even starting to read enough hanzi to make sense of some of the major bus routes, but I've also got a pair of combat boots what'll tell you I'm a cheap motherfucker who won't hail a taxi for trips less than 3 km.

• Simen Wangberg

"Now that I'm  visiting with no car I tried to take the bus a couple times, but it takes three times as long as driving, and is more expensive too."

Public transport in the States is completely and utterly fucked. A friend of mine lives in Chicago, more or less towards the center of the city - he works out by the airport. It's actually cheaper and faster for him to drive to work than it is to take the subway, even taking auto insurance and shit into account. Fucking retarded.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.