Discussion » Film & TV » RTHK

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

If anyone feels bored and want to listen to some decent Cantonese or English radio programme, below are RTHK2 and RTHK3, streamed live from Hong Kong ...

** I cannot "copy" the hard-texted programme timetable (updated daily), so I have got you the links of the sites, and you can check it out if you want to know the name of the programme etc **

RTHK 2 - considered one of the hip radio stations besides Metro 99.4 and CR2 in Hong Kong ... though RTHK is funded by HK government, it is fairly independent of both HK and China government ...

http://programme.rthk.hk/channel/radio/player_popup.php?type=live&player=media&rid=173

RTHK 3 - it is the English language radio programme of RTHK, and the programme hosts are all (or mostly?) English speakers, it is good for entertainment as well as practicing listening ...

http://programme.rthk.hk/channel/radio/player_popup.php?type=live&player=media&rid=175

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... just also wanted to make a point that British accent is better than American accent :)

• WENwen
    WENwen wrote:

RTHK 4 is my favorite.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I did not think anyone actuall listen to RTHK ... RTHK is more about classical music ...

• WENwen
    WENwen wrote:

But how can you find good classical programms in Mainland's radio programme? really rare.....  when there is no chance for classical music education, there won't be any future audience stick to this culture.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... sadly, the education (and enjoyment) of classical music (as well as history) is quite often neglected, when it comes to the development of the country ...

For anyone and everyone interested, here's RTHK 4 ...

RTHK 6 - the RTHK Mandarin programme, one of the few Mandarin radio programmes in Hong Kong, hosted by HK folks who speak proper Mandarin (some of them are home grown, while some went from mainland to HK) ...

And instead of a daily programme timetable for each station, below is the link to the timetable of all 6 radio stations of RTHK ... and FYI, RTHK 1 is perhaps more the community type programmes, while RTHK 5 is more about golden classic, including Cantonese opera (粤曲) ...

http://programme.rthk.hk/channel/radio/channel_index.php

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

"...want to listen to some decent Cantonese..."

I'm confused. Isn't decent Cantonese called Mandarin?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Again, it proved that my education level is far below most people here ... it was meant to say "decent radio programme in Cantonese and/or English" ...

Ans: far from it, wont you agree? And even Cantonese is roughly divided into at least three types, HK style (also often found in Shen Zhen anf Guang Zhou), the Guang Dong style (e.g. people from Chao Zhou, Ke Jia etc, who mixed their own dialects and accent with Cantonese) and the other kind (with strong heavy accent, found among people from Guang Xi)

• WENwen
    WENwen wrote:

how about my cantonese?  I mix it with Beijing accent..

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I have not listened to your Cantonese, so I cannot comment ... but I did say "at least", so you probably fall into the third or fourth or fifth or sixth ...
  • Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

Thank you for sharing. Would listen to it in spare time.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.