Discussion » Beijing Life » Missing the 11:30 train to LangFang

• SoulCreative Web Studios
    SoulCreative Web Studios wrote:

So I got done working late last night, and decided to take the 11:30 train home. I baught the ticket, and then waited until 11:30. At 11:30, I got up from my seat to walk toward the boarding area, and it turns out my train had already left. FUCK.

So naturally, I figured "Fuck it, I'll just get drunk and stay out all night." Just then, my cell phone, which I just payed 100 RMB on it a week ago was out of money. No fucking idea how I burned through 100 rmb. Anyway, with noone to call, and at 12am, I just decided to walk around randomly in hopes of finding night life.

On one occasion, I found myself in Tienemen Square "how ever you spell it". It was interesting seeing all the securtiy there. Then I visited the hobos under the passes, and found a mcdonalds. There, I found a french dude, who gave me directions how to get to bar street. I went there, and had 1/4th a beer, and helped some bar owner with his english paper for an hour or two.

After that, I went to the local mcdonalds, baught a coffee and some fries, and spent the next 5 hours reading my novel. Finished all 650 pages of that bitch in like 3 days from nothing but reading on the bus, and subway, and then that one night. I read The girl with the dragon tatoo btw.

Anyway, my point is that my night fucking sucked. Can anyone give me some pointers on what there is fun to do next time I want to pull an all-nighter on the town?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

find a motel and get a sleep

• G
    G wrote:

well, it depends on what kind of things you want to do. there are lots of funny things you can do in this city...at least you can find out many all-nighters in clubs and bars at gongti area...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Gonti is the san-li-tun area ... subway line 10, tuan jie hu station
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

DD, don't use Chinese abreviations, the poor guy will never figure it out!

Daniel, in Chinese we like to severely abreviate things. Gongti is short for GONGren TIyuguan, which is the workers stadium. You'll also note such abreviations in common speach, such as Jianwai to refer to JIANguomenWAIdajie, which is another well known Beijing location, and Maoer to refer to MAOzuxidezhilichidundeERzi, which you may be better off claiming plausable deniability over.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I was kind of hoping (and expecting) that you would "ellaborate", and as always, you did not disappoint ...
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Not sure if it still is, but Goose and Duck used to be open 24/7. They got a few hundred big screen TVS there with live staellite sports. The Den is always open...kind of expensive, but that's the price you pay for being able to get a beer at 5:30 in the morning. If you want something more lively, as others of said, most Gongti/Sanlitun clubs stay open until 4-6 AM

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.