Discussion » Film & TV » who can make a friend with me?

• Jeen
    Jeen wrote:

I'm a student in beijing,I want to pass the IELTS,my english not good,just can simple convenction,if you can teach me english ,i will teach you chinese and tellyou about all things about china i know,can you make a friend with me? we can study together happily.

my phone 15801390515

my msn   y_jeen@msn.cn

my QQ  7415020

my email   7415020@qq.com

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

A few notes here, darlin'....

1.What you are doing is called spamming. Stop. It bumps down threads people might actually care about reading (like David Findley's quest for his lost girlfriend...)

2.Posting your e-mail, msn and mobile number in front of thousands of strangers is just plain stupid, especially when members can contact you directly through the site via personal messages.

3.You are soooo going to attract the wrong kind of people with this kind of post.

4. If you want to attract the kind of people that can actually help you, offer money. People who actually can teach you something are professionals, and will expect to get paid for it. A "language partner" is most likely going to be some pimply faced BLCU student who alternates between milking you for free Chinese lessons and trying to get in your pants.

Sorry, but somebody had to say it.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I think he/she knows ...

For all we know, not that it had not happened before, this could be some guy acting (and posting) as the poor girl who had probably cheesed him off, so he is here for revenge :)

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    呵呵 really good idea DD:
  • Siren Dahlkvist

a lil girl posting her personal contact all over this site.... 

search some foreign students from ur school or classmates... 

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

is true.....

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

What is with everybody here? What if she just wants to learn some English? She was already nervous when she posted this thread I guess because posting a thread in a language which you barely know makes people nervous. A little bit support would be nice. Though I do think "study together happily" is impossible and funny. Personally I won't be happy to study anything with anyone. Studying is just not a pleasant thing.

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Xiao, my problem is that she did it 3 times in rapid succession. Other than that, I don't really have a problem with what she's doing, I just thought I'd give her a heads up as to the potential problems she'll face by going about things the way she is.

Though it occurs to me I could just hit her up on QQ and tell her in person...lol.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.