Discussion » Current Events » How do you think about internship in China?

• Cloris
    Cloris wrote:
    Tell me something about internship in your mind.
  • Børge Notkevich

Internships are great learning experiences, and if you pick to do your internship at the right place then could really influence your future career.

• Joakim Berg Solum

Don't get scammed into paying to do an internship...

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

lots of companies too cheap to pay a salary ask for "interns".. make sure, if you choose to do one, that it is a good learning experience and that there is a possibility for career development either in that company after a period of time, or somewhere else. 

nobody wants to work for free!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

If you pick wisely, you might get an internship whereever Red Head is, and that would make it all worth while.

I do know that some companies just use "interns" to get remedial work such as translation done for free, and never consider hiring the interns. Make sure you're learning a lot wherever you're interning, and it can be a good experience.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    如果你说的是在天朝,在帝都,这么说吧:对于95%的招intern的企业,找internship的最佳方式,有时候甚至是唯一方式,就是通过熟人;对于95%的internship的职位,更多的意义,真的仅仅就是给你的简历增加一笔--当然,作为一个学生,即使是这种internship,可能也能起码有点儿锻炼作用,但对于那个行业的员工来说,你基本上什么也没学,什么也没干。 所以,功利点儿吧,把能用上的资源都用上,同时,淡定些,甭把什么internship弄得太理想化。 另外,如果你是女生,且你说的internship是指诸如:街头“星探”找你拍片子,小公司找你当“文秘”,莫名其妙的组织找你当“公关”...其他...甭想了,95%是骗你色去的。 我不是个犬儒的人,只是想认真回答问题,嗯
  • Stella
    Stella wrote:
    pretty cool huh? I saw your company is doing this, looks good. but if we have lots of friends abroad want to come to Beijing, you sure you can get enough job opportunities for all of them?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.