Discussion » Beijing Life » Finding a good place in Beijing

• SoulCreative Web Studios
    SoulCreative Web Studios wrote:

Hey,

So as most of you may know, I currently live in LangFang, and I am looking for a place in Beijing. I'd like to pay somewhere betwee 2-4000 a month. That being said, I wonder if my standards are low enough to afford that. I want a shower, American bathroom, and a CLEAN appartment. I don't care if it's furnished.

Is this asking too much.

Also, how much would this cost? I mean, how much to move in? How much should I save up before I start searching for a place like this? Also, do most of them come with water, internet, etc; or is that something I need to get seperate?

I don't want a room mate, becasue I don't want to clean up after them or worry about keeping them up to late with my music and shit.

Daniel Lessor

• Børge Notkevich

At that price you can rent a very apartment, even a serviced apartment.

• Lanyan
    Lanyan wrote:

Yes

This price could afford a good apartment, which I mean 3000 RMB

• Børge Notkevich

Depending on if the apartment is furnished. Serviced apartments are fully furnished, includes all bills and even a cleaner, it's almost like living in a hotel.

The bond is different at each place and if you pay a few months upfront then the amount is very negotiable.

• Joakim Berg Solum

As far as I know, most landlords ask for 1 month security deposit and payment 3 months at a time, so expect to pay for 4 months rent worth up front.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahha ... I really would not mind if I can find a decent serviced apartment for that kind of money ... I know that Landon have serviced apartments, but I dont think 4k will do it ...

Daniel, you said for an entire month? You only need to stay for one month?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... excuse me for not fully understanding this in the first place ...

So, check again, you want "somewhere" to live for one month, and then move into another place? Is tht correct?

Have you heard of the "underground rooms"? I checked that out for a friend before (around June/July?) ... they charge only a few hundred per month, and that's already including basic furniture, internet, hot water and electricity (they dont have land line, but have good reception for mobile) ... well, the major down side is that, being underground, its only window is "internal" and has no sunlight, so the light needs to be switched on most of the time, and you might want to have a few torches in case of emergency, but it does seem clean enough (I did not do a germ count of the place though) ... so if you just want somewhere to sleep and have a shower, for only a few hundred per month, it is as good as you can get ...

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

You will be able to find a very nice one-bedroom for well under 4,000 (small very clean studios are usually around 3000, one bedrooms around 3500-4000)

The problem is like Jon said you will have to pay AT LEAST 1 mo. depost 3 mos. rent (@4000/mo = 16,000 RMB) so that may take a little bit to save up. Also, you basically have to be in Beijing to find these places, i wouldn't trust anyone but a personal friend to find an apartment for me.

---So----

I think your best bet is to search websites like thebeijinger.com and see if any people are renting ROOMS out. If this is the case, they often can be paid by the month for prices ranging somewhere around 1500/month, and then you can stay there for a month or two until you have the time/money to secure a  better location.

The underground rooms exist, they suck, but they are really cheap and it would at least be somewhere you could sleep until you get a better apartment.

• Simen Wangberg

"what the fuck is an American Bathroom?"

A bathroom where you can shit as much as you want, but it costs $25 every time you want to use toilet paper.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hmmm ... for a few hundred per month, living underground, you can forget about American toilet ... it might be easier to go to a 5-star hotel, speak in whatever language you want, or using very broken Mandarin, and just relief and release ... hahahaha ...
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:

Hey,dude.There are some suggestions come from a local Beijinger.

1.If u go rent a place alone,Mabe the price is little higher than usual,Cause u are foreigner.So,let ur Chinese friend to do that.

2.There is no much places for that u can rent but just for 1 month.They will have u a contract.that mean u need to live atleast half year.And u will pay atleast 3 times for rent as deposite at first time.So,try the "family style hotel",Maby 100/day.and u can rent for short.

3.Use web site.like Soufang.com,And u need a chinese friend again...

• Lee Yi
    Lee Yi wrote:
    hehe,american nathroom
  • Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

dig a hole

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... be careful that you wont dig into the foundation of your apartment or another building ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.