Discussion » Travel » Public Security Bureau of China

• SoulCreative Web Studios
    SoulCreative Web Studios wrote:

I recently ditched my Host family from an AuPair program. The agency I found them through emailed me saying "Also, your behavior has been recorded by Public Security Bureau of China, which will have a negative influence of your next visa application to China".

You think I wont be able to renew my VISA now?

O.o

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Don't take my word for it as I'm just guessing but I would very much doubt it. My reasoning is flimsy so I'd wait for someone who actually knows about this to give a more informed opinion, but I'd just figure that residence visas are handled by the province rather than any centralised agency and I don't think informations gets communicated very much between provinces.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... just out of curiosity, Daniel Lessor, what happened?

I know zero about this Bureau you have mentioned, but:

1. Like (the other) Daniel said, the way I see it, missing links (lack of communication) are not uncommon within (and between) government bodies and agencies, which might in fact be one reason behind the (stupid) fact that if the locals want to get the "pass" to go to Hong Kong or Macau, they have to go all the way back to their home town, but not where they are working/living ...

2. This particular "agency" you have mentioned, is it a privately run organisation, or a "proper" government thing? If it is private, it probably wont mean much (unless we can prove that they do have VERY strong ties with this Bureau thing), however, if it is government related, then this might be quite serious, and my guess is when you current visa exprires, they might ask you (very nicely, I am sure) to move to another district or even city?

So ... care to tell us what happened?

• Daniel Westerberg

叮噹叔叔 (妇协杂工)

I know zero about this Bureau you have mentioned

Public Security Bureau = PSB = the chinese police ( 公安 )

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... is that what IT is? How, how, how silly am I... why dont they just say "police"?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Haha, this is funny. You should just ignore the company. They're trying to avoid returning the 30k agency fee, so they'll say whatever they can to get you back. China is backwards, but it's not Saudi Arabia. You don't need an exit stamp.

Don't say I didn't warn you about the homestay!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

They could revoke a Z visa, but you don't have one of those. They can't fuck with you if all they did was give you an F visa invitation. They're just trying to scare you. I suggest you scan the visa page of your passport and photoshop a red star stamp that says "GO FUCK YOURSELVES."

Anyway, bravo. You just fucked over an employment agency and burned some rich parents. You'll do well in this country if you remember to reserve spite for assholes and not cab drivers or waitresses. Welcome to China, comrade.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.