Discussion » Nonsense » what kind of work do you really want to do?like so

• 申琪 Annie Shen
    申琪 Annie Shen wrote:

i ll start first.i wanna to be a chinese tutor for a while,but no one wanted me.

i guess i really wanna make this work.if anyone wants that,read my profile and contact me.

do you have something that you wanna to do but you cant do it now for some reasons?

• 申琪 Annie Shen

ps: i have to say that love birds have to face the real world which ameans the love birds maybe not be together.yeah i ve faced recently and now i guess i need to start my new life and keep move forward.

just keep going.clock is ticking.the sun raising again tomorrow. nothing will be the end. and i still need to face the real world and clean up the mess of my heart.facing the sunshine of a new day.chasing my dream as i always did.yeah i should do that.that is what i always want.clean up tears to face a new world.it will be a new whole colcoful ranbow day!

• 申琪 Annie Shen

sorry for tying and grammar mistakes

• 申琪 Annie Shen
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

I really wanted to be a gigalo, but none of the clients that I wanted to work with were even interested in free trial service.

• 申琪 Annie Shen

oh tough things.ppl re really so different~

• 申琪 Annie Shen

good job,E

glad that you ve found something you really like and the most nice part is you can do it every singal day!it is really amazing. i mean most ppl wanna do something but they just cant.but now you got the lucky chance,keep it and treasure it. i ll support you. you will do it better and better everyday.coz you love it! i m being jealous you~

• Lanyan
    Lanyan wrote:

I  wanna be a beautiful girl

then I would not have to work and feed others

Others could feed me

Especially in China it WORKS,hah

• 申琪 Annie Shen
    ah get beautiful into your heart Lanyan
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... a few people had suggested that I should open a little home-cooked restaurant, maybe just a few tables, but I am afraid I might blow up too many ovens or microwaves :)

• 申琪 Annie Shen
    hey, uncle ,dont worry, just do it. i d love to try your cooking. yummy~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... need to find one or some of those "rich-2nd-gen" who does not care about wasting his/her parents' money, then ask him/her to sponsor me with a few million ...

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    I wanted to be a war correspondent when I was little. I thought Robert Capa was really cool. Now I wanna be a story writer or any kind of writer or work in fashion.
  • 申琪 Annie Shen
    hey uncle.you can charge.start a little home made food business. i will go there and be your cashier or accountant~ xiao,keep going, just do something if those job required~ keep going guys~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... the CFO job had been taken already, but thanks for the offer :)
  • 申琪 Annie Shen
    haha. 叔叔就是叔叔只是想帮忙而已~
  • Lanyan
    Lanyan wrote:

The problem is that in this world the thing you want to do is not the thing you are able/can do, this is the point.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... yes, it is quite true ... but there are a few lucky ones, who can do what they like to do, and/or can use what they have learnt from school ...

A "job" can be compared to a relationship, in a way ... if you cannot find a perfect job, you can certainly try to mould yourself around thet one you have now, learn about it, and get to like it more, enjoy the upsets, challenges and disappointments, as well as any small and big successes ... instead of thinking when will I find a better job :)

I personally know someone who was accepted to attend one of the best universities, but chose to become a teacher because back then, studying in a teaching college was free ... she did not like to teach, at first, and now she could not have imagined any better job for those 30+ years ... ah, yes, she is my dear mother, and she is as close to her students as to her two children, and yes, I do get a little jealous sometimes, but I am happy for her :)

• Lanyan
    Lanyan wrote:

Heh

YOU ARE A Western People, no offense,I am happy you & your relatives could select the job they want or nearly the perfect job for them.

But in China, it is hard to achieve this, cause you are not welcomed to be some philosopher, some artist, or some writer, As you could barely feed yourself based on this jobs, anyhow,there is a comprise for this, that is you could select it as your hobby, heh

Anyway, thanks for the advice, always thanks for that!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Lanyan ... me? Technically, I am not a western, nor am I Chinese, I think I belong to a category called "nothing", but that's a seperate story ...

The reason I mentioned my dear mother, was because she also did not chose to become a teacher (or rather, a student teacher) ... like I had said, she was admitted as a student of HKU for a degree (or diploma?) of Social Studies, and back in the 50's, that was a BIG thing ... but she had to give it all up, because her family could not afford for her to continue being a student, while being a student teacher, she could get subsidy (or something like that) ...

The more interesting fact was that, after graduation, she could not get a post from any of the prime schools, but was assigned to one at a remote and poor location in Kowloon (she was living in HK Island, and back then, there was no subway, not even the cross harbour tunnel) ... but over the years, a lot of excellent people came out from that school and the famous City University of HK is right next to it ...

Summary ... when I learnt to play Mah Jong, I was taught that we get what we are "dealt" with, whether it is a good or bad hand ... if it is a bad hand, you could still try to make it a winning hand, or at least minimize the loss ... if it is a good hand, maximize your win, but be prepared for a bad hand soon ...

Good luck with your hand :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(续)希望这首三十年前的香港老歌(和歌词)可以激励一下那些因为工作,学业,或其他,而觉得泄气的。。。

曲名:前程锦绣

歌手:罗文

斜阳里 气魄更壮
    斜阳落下 心中不必惊慌
    知道听朝天边一光 新的希望
    互助互励又互勉 那怕去到远远那方
    前程尽愿望 自命百练钢
    泪下抹乾 敢抵抗高山 攀过望远方
    斜阳里 气魄更壮
    斜阳落下 心中不必惊慌
    知道听朝天边一光 新的希望
    互助互励又互勉 那怕去到远远那方
    前程尽愿望 自命百练钢
    泪下抹乾 敢抵抗高山 攀过望远方
    小小苦楚等于激励 等于苦海翻细浪
    藉着毅力 恃我志气 总要步步前望
    斜阳里 气魄更壮
    斜阳落下 心中不必惊慌
    知道听朝天边一光 新的希望
    互助互励又互勉 那怕去到远远那方
    前程尽愿望 自命百练钢
    泪下抹乾 敢抵抗高山 攀过望远方
    斜阳里 气魄更壮
    斜阳落下 心中不必惊慌
    知道听朝天边一光 新的希望
    互助互励又互勉 那怕去到远远那方
    前程尽愿望 自命百练钢
    泪下抹乾 敢抵抗高山 攀过望远方
    小小苦楚等于激励 等于苦海翻细浪
    藉着毅力 恃我志气 总要步步前望
    小小苦楚等于激励 等于苦海翻细浪
    藉着毅力 恃我志气 总要步步前望
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

-----cause you are not welcomed to be some philosopher-----

I attest, so since i´m in china, trying to avoid odd faces when i answer the omnipresent question in all first conversation (and....-what is your work-?), i usually lie like a bastard, and say, i´m antropologist

• Lanyan
    Lanyan wrote:

Heh

Thanks,

always feel warm at such comment, thx

• Zoé
    Zoé wrote:
    i want to work for dolce&gabbana.................................................
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I think I applied as their model once, but they said I am too blue and too round :)

• Lanyan
    Lanyan wrote:

DD, I am wondering how old you are。。。

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... my info is on my profile page, you are welcome to visit :)

Ans: I am 44 ...

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I'd like to be a travel writer. Get paid to travel the world and write about my experiences...that would be a good gig.
  • 申琪 Annie Shen
    I want to be a guide.Then i can travel without pay.:P

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.