Discussion » Dating & Romance » One-Night Stands Explained: Men Prefer Hot Bods to

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

Well, here it all is.  Everything you need to know about the science of One Night Stands, at least from the male side.  As explained by reporters from Time Magazine and researchers at the University of Texas:

http://healthland.time.com/2010/09/29/one-night-stands-explained-men-prefer-hot-bods-to-pretty-faces/?hpt=C2
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Pretty damn sure dont mind hot bods AND pretty faces though ;) But if I had to choose.. for a one night.. c'mon, I don't need to elaborate when it's research-proven! :D
  • Simen Stensvoll
    glad to know this^^。
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Before reading the study, I must comment that the reason is obvious - if a girl had a hot body and a pretty face, we men would try to make it a long term thing rather than part ways in the morning. Being drunk can make the face look better (or being in the club can hide it), but it's never gonna make a fat body look attractive, so one nighters are less likely to end up with girls who have nasty bodies unless the guys have no standards at all.
  • jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:
    @ 莫明.....PERIOD! HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD
  • Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:
    haha, the way they 'report' on these 'studies' is always amusing. The headline is everything, but if you read the story and learn how the study was actually conducted, you see that the headline is a lie, and the 'study' is simplistic and worthless. i don't think you need to be a professor in a university to get a few hundred guys together and show them a picture of a girl with both her face and body covered up, then talk them into a sort of one-night stand situation and ask them what they want to uncover, the face or the body, then when 51% choose to uncover the body call the Associated Press with the big news that guys don't look at girls' faces and start writing your thesis on subconscious evolutionary psychology. it's not fair to the butterfaces to get them all excited, and it's not fair to the pretty-faces-sack-of-potatoes-bodies to get them all depressed. Relax girls, a duck quacked in Texas, that's all.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Haha yep, that was pretty much the gist of this study after I actually read the article. There was nothing whatsoever in the results to allude to the long scientific explanation that they came up with, regardless of whether or not the scientific explanation has merit. I could just as easily claim that the study proved that guys hunting for sex are more interested in how well the girl can rock their cock than how she looks, because they go for girls with lean bodies (that presumably the men might not actually like the looks of), which imply better endurance and physical performance.

Also, is it just me, or did the article butcher the term "butterface"? I understood it to be "everything's perfect - but, her face...[makes me want to wretch]" rather than "everything but her face is perfect," which is how I interpret what they put in that article.

• Kent Bekkavik
    Kent Bekkavik wrote:

New research from the University of Texas at Austin shows that men seeking a short-term lover are more interested in a woman's body than those desiring a long-term commitment, who zeroed in on a woman's face.

Logic. The percentage of time you spend looking at girl's ass versus face is considerably higher during ONS than LTR. Thus focus on being pleased by nice views shifts from ass to face in LTR. Men are easy.

• Kent Bekkavik
    Kent Bekkavik wrote:

* Men are easy... to understand, I mean of course. Tho they are easy to bang too.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    I prefer great looks to a great body actually
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Shut up Carlos, don't ruin things. :-p Do you by any chance ever wake up to find that the looks aren't as great as you thought the night before? I think everyone prefers a pretty face to a good body, but girls with pretty faces all have okay bodies anyway, and faces are easier to hide in the dark.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    i think girls with hot bodies won't have bad face ...but it hard to say girls with pretty faces all have okey bodies....anyway,in my standard.faces are easy to hide by make-ups,bodies can be okey in decent clothes,if u are not going to take off them. in my research,girls are quite easy,we don't care about the faces nor the whole bodies,just a little bit part of the body;)
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

So if I understand Miss K correctly, when girls are in the hunt for a One Night Stand what they are looking for the most in a man is a great cock; whereas if they are in the hunt for a long-term relationship or marriage, what they are looking for the most in a man is...a great cock.

So the lesson for the guys is: next time you go to the club looking for ladies, make sure you bring your great cock and put it on prominent display.  Thanks to Miss K for that bit of wisdom.  :)

• Simen Stensvoll
    well,believe it or not. there are only 2 things that women really can want from man. Cock and Money.it has been proved,for marriage, money is more important most time.for a long-term relationship ?it depends on what they want from each other..
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

If those are the only two things that matter, then why is it so hard to find a girl who gives the cock any priority?

• 申琪 Annie Shen

hey,if a girl looks like so,why wont she choose some more charming man?]

well if i am a man,i guess i will not chasing that girl to be my wife.

a vase is just need a bunch of flowers day and day~

• Simen Stensvoll
    莫明 wrote: Posted 36 minutes ago If those are the only two things that matter, then why is it so hard to find a girl who gives the cock any priority? because we can buy any size of cocks in the sex shop!
  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

I'm a Texan and 1 night stands are a part of a 2,000 caloire diet.

• Kristian Svoren

educative site....

• Vicky Zhang
    Vicky Zhang wrote:
    learning more about men, thx...
  • Cool_Wet_Guy
    Cool_Wet_Guy wrote:
    hmmm ! GOOD !
  • Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

hahahha.. Minimy your point is right, just a little bit sarcastically huring if I was a guy...... that's maybe one thing they can't help....lol

1 wrote:
    One-night stand looks like a "derogatory term" exchange of sincere feelings of the night or nights do not exist, faith is the key .. the exchange of sincere appreciation to each other more now 一夜情貌似是"贬义词",真诚的感情交流不存在一夜或几夜,真诚才是关键..让彼此欣赏的交流真诚些吧
  • Morten Eriksen
    i Prefer men have Hot Bods and good looking
    1 wrote:
    You may have overlooked, here is what the Chinese title of the site .. and the pictures and thought should be in accordance with the habits of the Chinese people .. no need for you to adapt to make improper comments on your so-called Western "concepts and ideas," according to our Chinese used to it you (Western) way out .. I'm sorry you to China? It does not require you to find fault with China and the Chinese people .. Be smart, right unfriendly to China that blonde guys 你们可能都忽视了,这里是中国的地盘..什么标题和图片及思想都要按照中国人的习惯你们来适应..没有必要妄加评论你们所谓的西方"观念和思想"按照我们中国人的习惯才是你们(西方)的出路..我很遗憾你们为什么来中国?这里不需要你们为中国及中国人指手画脚..放聪明些吧那些对中国不友好的金发碧眼的家伙们
  • Klisklass Kjærlighet

Why does he copy/paste the same lines in every thread?

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I think maybe he's retarded.

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

I can't understand a word of what he wrote.  Is that some terrible auto-translation or something?

• Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

tl;dr

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.