Discussion » Nonsense » Fortis Group Inc

• Apollo
    Apollo's mom wrote:
    Who know this company?Is it a real one?Recently,I received a mail about offering me a part-time job,must take a test first..but if I pass,it needs my personal online bank information.I feel it's not safe.Is this reliable?
  • 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Ah~~~thank you,Thorstan! I was condidering to take their test......... But I was wondering if I can offer them a bank account which has no money. The salary is very attractive though,work online,just need go to bank to withdraw their cash,then transfer it. Yeah,maybe a liar
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Kathy, I get a dozen offers a week to teach English in Spain and work for fat salaries in London hotels(all I have to do is send them 500 Euros for my visa application), not to mention all those e-mails from the poor daughters of assisnated African generals who have turned to me for help in extracting their father's fortunes from their home country. Oh, and I've won both the Shell and Exxon e-mail lotteries a dozen times each.

Google Nigerian 411 and get back to me.

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Peter,thanks!!! I never knew Nigerian 411 until just now. THE NIGERIAN 411 EMAIL SCAM!!OMG,maybe the mail I got was sent by Nigerian,too.SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,damn it! haha,it's really funny,I ever received such emails(about three) that got fortunes.But the condition is opposite.A dying, rich and Russian man wanted me help him.He wanted me to donate his all money to his country for him.Because he was afraid that his families kept his money instead of giving country.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... what was that some of you guys often do at this point? *face in palms*, or something like that?

• G
    G wrote:

- There's an old cliche, too good to be true.

- Fortis is a big financial institution. Basically they don't outsource online work.

- Obvisouly this is a trap. They just want to get your bank account info.

- Thus, forget it and enjoy your holidays.

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Have you ever met this before,Dingdang? Thanks a bunch,Mr G! But I still have two questions.Can I provide them a no-money bank account?What can they do about such an account? Happy Mid-Autumn Festival,all of you guys!!!
  • 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    oops,why can't I change another line when replied?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Kathy ... I am not good enough to work for any big corp (?) like Fortis, so if I ever received such an invitation, it is likely to be a scam :)

I also know that I dont have any rich relatives in some remote or unknown country, so I am sure no one would leave me any large inheritance :)

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Thank you for the great laugh...

Kathy, the phrase Mr. G was alluding to was "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I really think this is advice to live by.

You did not apply for this job. You are not qualified for it. You do not command the salary it offers. There are currently zero legitimate companies sending email job offers to underqualified people who have not applied for them.

There are also currently zero legitimate jobs in the world that require you to pay an application fee, a processing fee, a visa fee, a government licence fee, or provide your bank account information. Don't waste your time trying to figure out how to avoid being scammed by taking your money out of the bank account first, because there is no potential benefit.

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    No,Dingdang,I also don't have such relatives,I don't know at all those people,I'm sure they're all scammers,so I left them alone. But about this mail,I'm not sure.Because I registered my info on HOT JOB of yahoo,three days later a woman sent me a mail about offering me a part-time job and gave me some information as well.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Let me know how that works out. When you become a successful financial manager and you've got money of your own to invest, there's a bridge I'd like to sell you.

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Hi,thanks for your information,Moming! Sure,I'll forget it forever. "Why do I have to use my personal account? The reason you use your own account for this job is because the position is considered to be an Independent Contractor position, which requires Payment Processing Agents to use their own account during their probationary period. Once employed Full-Time we would provide you with a bank account through our company." This is they sent me.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha... I am not familiar with HOT JOB of Yahoo, but I know for a fact that it does not cost much to register on 51job.com and zhaoping.com as a "employer" and get access to thousands of resumes of job seekers, e.g. a lot of senior agents in many of China's insurance companies are doing that to recruit fresh new agents ... ...

If you are looking for advice from people who have been recruited from Fortis (or similar large corp) via this path, I doubt there is any here on this site ...

The guys have said plenty already, so if you want to give it a try with an empty bank account, do go ahead, and we all wish you well :)

Do remember this Cantonese saying: 没有那么大的蛤蟆随街跳的 

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Are you kidding,Dando?Forget it,I'm kidding.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

I think it's so cute that you're 25 and consider this seriously... I guess this is why China is a great place to "吸引投资". Well, I should admit I probably looked at one of these scams seriously the first time I saw it too.

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    OK,I see,I know myself,really don't own that ability.Give up. Thank you! Actually,I don't want to change my job at presebt.Registering there is just for fun.
  • 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Yeah,Moming you're right,I'm just such a silly girl consider this seriously.Never met before.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...Ming, that should not be much of a surprise to you, especially when a lot of Chinese would rather believe in a fake non-Chinese executive ... yummy pork chops tonight :)

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Hey,you,Mr Africa,when and where I said I believed that scam.Tell me please
  • 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
  • Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    aha never responsed of this kind of Email, cause i lazy to do that.
  • 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    You're doing right thing,Jenny
  • Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    hehe ,sometimes i found lazy wasn't that bad right ^^
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Jenny, lazy won't get you very far, which means it won't get you far wrong!

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    呵呵莫明: 你是说慵懒不至于让你错太多,是吗?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

就是这个意思!

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    It doesn't get me far wrong...Although I passed the easy text,they only prefer the people who are American resident
  • Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    呵呵 那你是白写了。
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

哈哈哈,Jenny&King ,你现在才知道?

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    啊? 对呀 我现在才知道 原来她还去写。 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.