Discussion » Technology » Where/How to buy a Kindle?

• Adrian
    Adrian wrote:

Guys, I want one of those new Kindle ebook readers but Amazon won't ship to China. Anyone knows where it's being sold in Beijing? Cheers, Adrian

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Not "wont", but "when", and "why" ... if there is a good enough market, they will ...

You can try ZGC, but you will need to kook very hard to find it ... since the place is flooded with iPad or fake iPad or iPad look-alike ...

If you have any contact or friend in HK, you might want to ask them to get it for you, but do not use postage, because due to recent changes in "custom regulation", you will be taxed heavily if a new one is posted to you ...

• Simen Wangberg

"...Amazon won't ship to China."

For sure? They shipped here last year...hmm.

There's some website, think it's called dong-xi.com or something like that, where you can buy shit off eBay/Amazon/other online dealers.

Works like a middleman or something - you give 'em your money, they obtain the item somehow and deliver it to you right here in Beijing.

I don't know how reliable, fast or cheap they are - the only reviews I've read are clearly written by the proprietors.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Curiously ... I suppose Amazon has an operation in HK? Maybe you can give them a try ... but again, be careful with the new tax law :)
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

It goes for one thousand yuan or so on taobao

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.