Discussion » Dating & Romance » dating tips came across my mind..

  • Zaiyang
    Zaiyang wrote:

    1. Throw out all ridiculous expectations. He’s most likely not going to be John Cusack.
    John Cusack in Serendipity ruined love for me by leading me to believe that a man who truly loved me would do anything to find me- even if it means searching every single bookstore in New York for a copy of some book with my number in it.

    This will never happen, and you’ll save yourself from a lot of disappointment if you just accept this fact.

     

    2. Learn to cook deliciously, not just throw yourself in the kitchen and display a table of shit taste like after 45 mins hard works.  

    Why don’t you spend the time reading “size 12 is not fat” even though i thought reading this book is a complete waste of time and possibly the worst plot written one among Meg cabot series. Then i thought if you really are into this person, your cooking skills would be somehow magically  turned to a 5 star chef. Don’t let that fool yourself. It might be wise of you sparing a solid amount of time taking a cooking class in your neighboring. 

    3. If you’re sitting at home wondering how you feel about him/her, you probably don’t like them very much.

    Don’t kid yourself.
 I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sat at home wondering if I should keep things going with so-and-so because he was “a nice guy” and maybe he would “grow on me”. That’s ridiculous.  Not only will he not grow on you, he’s going to be just another obligation in your life. If after the second date, you still don’t know how you feel about him, move on. Trust your instincts.

    4. Men don’t mature as fast as women.

    And no, that’s not the man-hater in me talking. It’s scientific fact or something like that. If he’s 25 and thinks that fart jokes are still funny, it’s because his sense of humor is still at the level. Just suck it up and deal with it. Unless you don’t actually like him, then you should just move on.

    What come across your mind? any tips you have or experienced?

    sharing is SEXY

     

  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

    Don't tell her that her sister is good looking. Like ... REALLY good looking.

    Women are funny about that.

  • Zaiyang
    Zaiyang wrote:

    wth is going on with all those bloody "&rsquo"???He&rsquo??? 

    i promise i didn't type those down...and they ain't typos!!

    are they virus or just cos of my mac or ..whotsoever...?

    why there is nobody telling me i couldn't make changes/ edit after posting?  i mean....seriously huh?

  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

    Hmmm I focused more on "they should learn to cook"! haha!

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahaha ...

    Reality hurts ...

    e.g. If I tell all the girls here that certain someone here just wants sex, and he will do anything (and I mean ANYTHING) so that he can have sex with some girls, most girls actually wont believe me, because he does seem to be such a nice guy :)

  • Zaiyang
    Zaiyang wrote:

    hmmm..yup yup so what about "men don't mature as fast as women" part?

    Re JZ, face the reality....im wondering does it mean to bear with it? or fight for it?

    who says reality has to be cruel huh? aren't we supposed to be looking at the brighter side 

    of life?

  • Christopher Dame

    be fun and spontaneous!! it always works

  • Simen Stensvoll
    e.g. If I tell all the girls here that certain someone here just wants sex, and he will do anything (and I mean ANYTHING) so that he can have sex with some girls, most girls actually wont believe me, because he does seem to be such a nice guy :) i alwyas know that and i appreciate the kindness :)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahaha ... Zaiyang ... Q: what is your brighter side of life, in relation to romance?

     

  • Zaiyang
    Zaiyang wrote:

    叮噹叔叔 (妇协杂工)

    叮噹叔叔 (妇协杂工) wrote:

    Posted 1 minutes ago

    ...

    Hahahaha ... Zaiyang ... Q: what is your brighter side of life, in relation to romance?

    re your Q, my response could be ignorance is the key to all aspects of a so-called better life..

  • Zaiyang
    Zaiyang wrote:

    Miss K In Fall wrote:

    Posted 12 minutes ago

    e.g. If I tell all the girls here that certain someone here just wants sex, and he will do anything (and I mean ANYTHING) so that he can have sex with some girls, most girls actually wont believe me, because he does seem to be such a nice guy :) i alwyas know that and i appreciate the kindness :)
    hey miss K in fall, on that case i'd shove him out and introduce a nice guy to him..
    i'm sure he'd like my nice offer.. 
    hav a great day
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahaha .... Zaiyang ... you said "brighter life", not "better life", right? How does "ignorance" have to do with "better life" or "brighter life"?

    JZ ... hahaha ... and I always thought that you know better that ...

     

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    哈哈...怎么又换了中文台?抱歉,我跟你不是同一类人...

  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

    Uncle D: e.g. If I tell all the girls here that certain someone here just wants sex, and he will do anything (and I mean ANYTHING) so that he can have sex with some girls, most girls actually wont believe me, because he does seem to be such a nice guy :)

    I wouldn't say that. I think you're also happy with attention, not just sex :)

    Back to the subjust though, I would say another great tip to improve girls dating expectations is that they should never watch Korean dramas.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahaha ... 莫明 ... you have (again?) got me all wrong about this ...

    As for your mention of TV drama, let's include the local ones too ... especially all these "流星雨","泡沫之夏"...

    And about "expectation" ... my suggestion is never to set any high expectation ... or what I sometimes suggest, expect the worst, cause the guy can be a total jerk :)

    Wow ... that rhymes ...

     

  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

    Oh really? So you mean you are just about the sex then? My mistake I'm sure :-p

  • Klisklass Kjærlighet

    I cant accept "Men dont mature as fast as women" to me women live in a "wonderland" before they face reality as JZ said.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahahaha ... what had the southern belle of China done to you? By the way, of all people, you know very well (I think?) that I am not a nice guy (both inside and outside), so you can be sure that was not me talking about me :)
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

    Uncle D, I think you're a nice guy, but you're the only one here who doesn't openly claim to be trolling for girls, so if not yourself than who?

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahaha ... I dont recall saying or hinting the word "trolling"? And you have definitely mistaken, from what I have heard out there, I am not a nice guy ... you have probably got me confused with some other old married man :)

  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

    Far too many girls fail to realize that the fastest way to a man's heart is through his penis. Really, ladies. We're not very difficult creatures to understand.

  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    hmmm right. girls got to see many guys to understand them unless she is lucky enough to meet a good teacher at the beginning
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahahahaha ... Peter Baird ... according to an old saying (or maybe not so old), the best way to win a man's heart is through his stomach, so unless you (or you know anyone) who uses his penis to digest or eat :)

     

  • Simen Stensvoll
    i think it s important to win the penis if u r not good at cooking ,u can hire a cook if u r not good at bed ,would u hire a whore?
  • Simen Wangberg
    "i think it s important to win the penis if u r not good at cooking ,u can hire a cook if u r not good at bed ,would u hire a whore?" I think this is actually some of the best advice I've seen in this thread. Or in any thread.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    Hahaha ... as discussed many moons before, I was born in the wrong century :)

  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

    Ha ha ha! Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from Malcolm Gladwell. Why are prostitutes more successful than than architects? Because more more architects hire prostititutes than prostititutes hire architects.

  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

    i don't think any woman should be going through a man's penis. although perhaps after the operation they will stare into each others eyes etc etc etc etc *dreamy music* 

  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

    Miss K makes an extremely good point. I guess it could be qualified if there are men who don't like sex or food though. You know, like if dead people were dating or something.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    For the guys:

    If a girl says she is "a traditional Chinese girl" or otherwise explicitly mentions that she is not interested in sex on the first dinner date in a public place, she is utterly full of shit. Especially if she raises the issue first. This is just a test. Smile, nod, and have another sip of coffee. You have a very good chance of getting your twinkie stinky at the end of this date or the next.

    I'm sorry, but truly traditional people don't ever describe themselves as such, 'cuz they know that actions speak louder than words. If it was true, it'd be so ingrained in a person's identity that there would be no need to mention it. People who are chaste, pure, and innocent are far more humble and understated.

    Regular people occasionally just want a good hard fuck and they use corny lines about not being interested in sex as an ironic way of signalling that they are indeed ready to have a downstairs mixup party.

    Just remember that in all other circumstances, no means no.

     

    For the girls:

    Don't expect guys to always bend over and pick up those subtle hints you keep dropping. Goddammit that gets tiring. In the 21st century, gender roles are mutable enough that chicks can be just as straightforward and direct as dudes; it's a fair bet that any dude who'd feel threatened by this behavior probably has a small penis.

    Yeah, I know there is a perverse satisfaction to be gained from being able to psychologically manipulate men into doing your bidding without saying a word. But if you find a guy who really is smart enough to figure out what you're thinking before you say it, he's probably an evil genius who is more than clever enough to reverse-mindfuck you (and maybe even a few of your girlfriends, sisters, and female cousins).

    When in doubt, tickle his asshole.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc