Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Issue with Android browser

• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:

The next text input box does not work with my phone's web browser. I can read everything and the formatting is fine, but I cannot actually write anything in the box. It doesn't properly register as a text entry box apparently.

• Joakim Lund Rangel

Not sure which input box you mean. Where is it?

• Joakim Berg Solum

In the forums, the "Post a reply" text box. It worked before with the plain text input box, but with the more dynamic one, when you click on it, it just flashes but the on-screen keyboard doesn't show. The buttons work though, for instance I can create bullet points or a numbered list, but there is no way to actually select the input box to type in some text.

Guestbook and private message texts work fine through phone browser though, probably since they use the standard plain text input box.

Also, there's a chance that it doesn't work because I'm an incompetent git, but so far, no luck :P

• Joakim Lund Rangel

ah, have the same issue with my nexus one. Seems like the android browser doesnt like WYSIWYG editors. 

Will look into checking browser and just show a plane textarea box if it`s a android phone later :)

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

you can tap in the box, then hold the menu button.

keyboard will appear, the you can start typing.

editing frankly sucks though, but at least you can do something.

sent from an android phone!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.