Discussion » Nonsense » How long is forever?

• Lukas Nambinga
    Lukas Nambinga wrote:

someone have asked it, but i dont known how to answer this question. and is a quiet interesting question. anybody who can try answering it, in terms of what ever is it, just to make it clear maybe. i really dont know if that word "forever" have limits.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Been there and done that ... forever is as long you want it to be ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

theoretically, the same as you could use calculating pi π

realistically, until the universe comes back to be a shitty point in the space or until it reachs the thermal death time, in any case the time dies (yuju!!!!!), so also the utility of say -forever-.

humanly, one night??? I don´t know, i always suspect, when somebody uses this word in oaths,

• Synne Syverstad
    the distence to forever is as long as that to the Neverland of Peter Pan~ one of our ancestor stand by this endless ocean and tried his best to see the other end, but he could see nothing but the sea and the sky. until he see the shadow of death, he invented a word "forever" to name the shore he couldnt see. if we take the time as an ocean, "foever" is the shore across the ocean~ but as u know, the earth is a ball, the shore he tried through his life to see is just the one he is standing on. how can u know the universe is not round? how can u tell the time is not a circle? maybe one day when we sail across the ocean of time, we will just see the place where we started... how long is forever? ask the water in the ocean how long it travels
  • Synne Syverstad
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:

it means things/feelings will last untill the stop sign pops up.

for example, I love you forever means I'll always love you untill I stop.

• Simen Stensvoll
    don't say forever things always change,even urself don't know when u will change
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

Joanne, sometimes if you say forever, of course you cant read the future, but if nothing happened to change the things, as you wanted them to be, then you will be right when you say "forever" and of course if things changed along the way, then thats another thing again. isn't it? so what makes you not believe when someone say forever?

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

and mr Adolfo, says that maybe is until the end of the world or something like that, in that case ppl like Christians or believers  do believe that even after death thins are still going on,. so  i think its not the end again. this word, really sounds like it have not limits, its like a continueous thing, until what ever time that i even dont know.

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

i think, Chaton have a point there....i am kind of agreeing with her!

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

you are right mr. lukas :), what about this?

beings non-created (God, Universe..... bla bla ), the word for talk about their duration is -eternity- without beginning and end in the time line.

beings created, beings with beginning and end, they can only dream with forever, because they have begining and they only can desire -not have an ending- or, maybe, desire be like some kind of food, and not have a date caducity :P

forever=no date caducity, and with this sense, love forever (or frienship) is similar to: i will love you, while that our love not be stale, unhealthy, distasteful....

sounds more real that an inconditional love, friendship......, or an unbreakable contract, right?

end of my paranoid

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

i think you guys are right. and for those who dont  believe when someone says forever, in whatever case, then thats something else. of course i know that some dudes they say this just by default particularly to girls maybe just to catch them softly, but in real cases thats how the matter is .

• Joakim Berg Solum

As far as Duke Nukem is concerned, forever is about 12 years.

• Simen Wangberg

"As far as Duke Nukem is concerned, forever is about 12 years."

But it's coming out now! Finally!! Have you seen any screens or demos yet? Oh man. I'm gonna upgrade my computer just so I can play that game when it finally hits the streets for realsies.

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

hehe ,thats just for Duke Nukem.

• Alexander Mostue
  • Kristian Svoren

C.lim how do you know?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Cherry ... forever does not need to be silence, it can actually be lots of fun, if you know how (and where) to find it ... and it can be "found", but it needs to come from within ...

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

forever is just an impression of an immortal moment, imprinted in the heads and hearts of us mortals until we die.

• Saint - Spartacus

change youself to be a vampire

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... not a "vampire" expert. but I have watched my fair share of tv series and moves, and I dont think you can change yourself into a vampire? You actually need to be bitten (and exchange body fluid, i.e. blood.. what are you thinking?) in order to become one, right?

Bite me!

• Miss Nice
    Miss Nice wrote:

forever = this second til you die

• Kristian Svoren

people you must stop lying , forever is just forever!!!

• Syda Akum
    Syda Akum wrote:

10 minutes on the bus when you really have to pee

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

forever is at least until tomorrow 

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

don't be behind time

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.