Discussion » Nonsense » guys !would you like to live with your girlfriend?

• Mings
    Mings wrote:
    tell the truth .
  • Simen Stensvoll
    im a girl,and won't live with my bf
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Living with GF is far worse than real marriage ...
  • Simen Stensvoll
    don't want to ruin the love and ...sex,plus i need my own space and prefer to live alone its so weird to live together not in the name of marriage..
  • N-Die 北京的法国人

Yes, why not after a while, it' s a good test before get married...

Better to find out before marriage that you are not compatible :)

• Tonje Dahl
    Tonje Dahl wrote:
    it is a disaster,,,,,um .....funny to think of it ....
  • Lanyan
    Lanyan wrote:

actually Chinese young people is not as rich as you foreigners, sometimes it is hard for them to rent the house separately, so living together is a more saving solution

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    As long as we wont sleep in the same bedroom, yes.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

i like :)

• G
    G wrote:

DF-You are not telling the truth...

My opinion is, it depends...As long as this is good for both of you, then why not? As long as your relationship has stepped into a new stage, then why not?

• jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

I strongly oppose the concept and even the mere thought of it makes my heterosexual heart just shiver....

for no reason would i want to imprison myself at this age then get married later in life. I wouldn't want to waste my youthful and vibrant years by having a partner stay with me.. why the heck am I in China for, far away from my family? 

its a NO NO NO!

• Petter Meisfjordskar

Let me first get one. I have spent most of my time drinking Guinness.

• Jacopo DR
    Jacopo DR wrote:

hell no! my wife would kill me

• N-Die 北京的法国人
  • 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

"hell no! my wife would kill me"

Haha, well played.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Indeed Jacopo, well said.

If I could afford not to, I would probably want to avoid living with a girlfriend. Familiarity breeds contempt and living together makes it hard to break up. If I was planning to marry and live together after marriage though, I would definitely live together for at least a year or two first.

I might even want to have sex first too.

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

YEAH, i prefer living with my girl friend

• 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    my ideal relationship is not living together, but will have sleep-overs from time to time.
  • Annie Ann
    Annie Ann wrote:
    @芝芝: Agreed
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

Agreed 2 ! i think it's a healthy way to live. You need both distance and closeness i think. 

• Maggie Wang
    Maggie Wang wrote:

If I were man, I would live with my girlfriend. You can know her very well and fast.

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I lived with my girlfriend for more than 12 years. It was good. However, since I've been on my own, I've found even having a girl over for the night to be an intrusion on my personal space. I guess at the end of the day it really depends on the girl. The last girl I lived with was manic depressive and suicidal, so that wasn't really a lot of fun.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    I come to salute----12years. It's a crying shame that it didn't work out.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    i wish i won't have to live with my husband every single day,separated for some time should be better
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

hehe, for those who want to be apart, then is better not to have a husband, wife,gf or a bf. coz its meaningless! if you want a husband,wife,gf or bf and you are serious with him/ her, "STAY TOGETHER". thats the bottom line. "opo mwiilume nawa"

• Peter S 李贝勒
  • Martin
    Martin wrote:

• Simen Stensvoll
    want to be apart sometimes doesn't mean im not serious.also that doesn't mean i want to be with someone else for some fun.i have not decided if i should get married .i know in big cities,like beijing,most married men have had extramarital relations,of course some women too.i guess both parties know that,but they just don't want to point that out.such a marriage is surely meaningless to me.if i decide to get married,i would not deceive my husband.and to be apart from each other for a while would help to avoid the marriage crisis.for me,i have to "escape" from the husband some while,to remind myself who im and what i have,what i what.. the most important is to miss my husband again.
  • Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

if i feel the relationship has a future, sure. 

if not, fuck off.. i need my space.

• Kristian Svoren

hmm, people of God listen! Mr  Chen  Hao you just tell me why no??? and you K IN Fall i can seriously say you just talking like a teen age girl who doesn't know how things taste and not experienced. if you are telling me, you just want to miss your husband again, then thats just a funny and useless reason or point of view. so after missing him , what are you going to do? cant you just go back to him? and after going back to him, aren't you gonna stay together?  otherwise you just dont know what to do. "I repeat, staying together is the bottom line" to those who are serious. unless you are not.

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

hehehe...you are not fit for a husband? 小猫?

• Christian Hansen

Loosing personal space is a big sacrifice but it worths if you need to ensure your partner is compatible enough for a long term relationship

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Miss K, well said.

I've also noted that most of the couples who are very clingy and with eachother all the time ususally start looking for affairs as soon as they get 5 minutes away from eachother. Maybe they need to be together all the time because they're so insecure?

Although people who aren't together all the time also have affairs, so maybe that's just what people will do. Why do people get married?

• Simen Stensvoll
    To be together doesn't mean to live together and vice versa! !
  • Kristian Svoren

miss K i am still not getting you and i want you answer this question, Why do people get married? is it to stay together? or apart? or just for each party to have its own space and miss each other again? i dont know why you are just against the togetherness.  i wish it was me to work with you instead.hehehehehe

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

• Kristian Svoren

no, tell facts,dont say maybe

• Kristian Svoren

hmm, look, you can only have pain in a relationship if you can't manage it,in whatever way you can, and we are not talking about girls friendship. we are more concerned in staying together with your husband or boy friend. i seriously cant find any reason to make me understand that if people are in a relationship they will not stay together.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:
    if time comes i think i will, but it always depends lot of times.
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

i think time is not the case ether.

DOMINICA wrote:

ouuu....its soo interestin, everybody should try dis)..hah

u will see a new person in ur bf or gf))

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:

I ruined my relationship by letting my GF move in with me.

• Kristian Svoren

get it back....how damn you....hehehehe

• Miller
    Miller wrote:
    ........ :)
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

Mr Yes sir, your commend content is pointless according to the thread...or maybe i dont understand it....

• Amanda Beckmann
    I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE SAME ONE EVERYDAY AND EVERYNIGHT...... live together is so horrible
  • Kristian Svoren

Clover, are you saying getting married to your husband or your wife is so horrible since you are gonna live together? or are you saying, you want to keep changing husbands or wives every day every night? and my question is, what will makes it horrible if you are seeing the same one every day every night?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Are you fellas copy-pasting out of the same bin? You both have the same spacing and punctuation errors. It's uncanny.

• G
    G wrote:

long story...

• Simen Stensvoll
    so coffee man like to live with his GF?
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

depends how he likes his coffee... 

• Colin Jacobsen

if you love somebody,u even want to spend the rest of ur life with the one.so moving in,it's just a small step.

• Fahad Hashmi
    Fahad Hashmi wrote:
    Not a good idea,I think its like a worst nightmare .
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:

Qwertryt,I agree with,,must you two have a regular work time。。。its space~~~

make more time for missing, not facing。。。。。

whatever ,nothing‘s easy~

• Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:

ewwwwwwwww............................what kind of person you ar....

• Rick (史大龙)

莫明 well said, sounds like you know first hand...

My answer is "no" but a sleep over a few nights a week would work. I feel people need some freedom unless you plan to marry, in that case then I answer "yes"...

• Pavel 釙樂 -po1e-

pardon me, boys and girls, i have read all what you written in this topic and after all this i got one QUESTION:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE FOR ALL OF YOU BETWEEN SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP (as mentioned form your words boyfriend/girlfriend relations) AND NON-SERIOUS ONE???

i completely don't understand now :)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm perma-single, so of course I wouldn't. I did it for about two years during university, though. I think people should definitely move in together as a step toward getting engaged. Tradition would have us get married first and then move into a new home, but this is a recipe for disaster.

• Simen Wangberg

"Tradition would have us get married first and then move into a new home, but this is a recipe for disaster."

And yet statistics show that couples that co-habitate before marriage are more likely to get divorced...although I think this can be explained by a couple of things.

People that move in together, they get comfortable...they buy expensive furniture together, share one rent bill, one utility bill, so on and so forth. And then they get married because that's Just What People Do after living together for awhile. Turns out none of the above is a solid foundation for marriage.

Plus folks that can't/won't live together before marriage often can't/won't because of strong religious beliefs - the same beliefs that often forbid (or at least frown upon) divorce.

In any case, I've been living with my girlfriend for almost three months now and it's been going swimmingly.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"And yet statistics show that couples that co-habitate before marriage are more likely to get divorced..."

That's certainly true. At least in the US, anyway. Marriage movement think tanks love that shit. Religion and economics make the difference, though.

Speaking of economics, even I see the advantages of living together with someone. I just feel that after considering my own particular peculiarities and idiosyncracies, mixing romance and cohabitation is like the Ghostbusters crossing streams with the proton packs, or dudes letting their balls touch while DPing during a threesome. You just don't do that.

I'm saving myself for cohabitation. Somewhere, there's a commune of lesbian hippies who need someone to open jars for them.

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

too complicated..

no chance to do that in my busy Beijing life...

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

As a man speaking, honestly , when you "love" ur girl you can live together with her, at the begining that can sounds crazy... but meanwhile you'll understand that its more worthy... i am living why my girl for more the 10 months, we had good and bad times, but that help us to improve our relation and i am proud of the choice that i make. and plus that protect me from those geisha's and furries crawling in beijing nightlife with the mission of wasting your time.

If you are "serious" kind of person and "in love", that fastest way to know each other.... here is the simple truth.

you take or live it!

• Simen Wangberg

"those geisha's and furries crawling in beijing nightlife"

• Pavel 釙樂 -po1e-

yeah, WHERE?!!!!!

no one has answered my previous question, by the way, still.........

it was:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE FOR ALL OF YOU BETWEEN SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP (as mentioned form your words boyfriend/girlfriend relations) AND NON-SERIOUS ONE???

• Kay
    Kay wrote:

from the most insignificant english corner of the university closest to you to the last KTV around the six ring road....

• Simen Stensvoll

i have been asking myself the same question..but im still not sure about the answer
    maybe non-serious relationship means we can only use each other's body,while serious one would use everything
  • Kay
    Kay wrote:

'maybe non-serious relationship means we can only use each other's body,while serious one would use everything' 

please, use your value and stop showing out the poor filter of ur human nature ....

• Simen Stensvoll

hmmm..when it turns to human nature..im afraid its an endless topic

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.