Discussion » Nonsense » Expressway in Ethiopia

• Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

There is an expressway construction project in Ethiopia.

What kind of exposure(s) should be considered during construction period?

Thanks a lot.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Like, public exposure?

I don't know. I've never considered whipping it out in front of a bunch of Ethiopian construction workers.

• Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

Any exposure, public, natural, etc..

• 外交猫
    外交猫 wrote:

I don't understand the question.  But when in doubt, expose.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    ahhh...what?
  • Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

I mean what king of risk could happen when constructing the expressway.

Exposures like strike, security problems, storm, earthquake, mudslide.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Someone said "risk"? Need to buy insurance perhaps? Not sure if China's property insurance can reach that far, but life insurance certainly can ...

Dont think anyone on this site had been to Ethiopia, right?
  • jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

I have been to Ethiopia but am very much unqualified to comment on how the state should run its constructional system... the question above is quite confusing. I have always held the opinions that security and safety measures were universal when it came to construction of any kind?

• Hans Christian Eriksson

Just consider all the risks u face when building  express ways in china.only here, there will be less risks.  Work safety issues are the highest in china.

• Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

It's about engineering reinsurance. Strike riot and civil commotion and all natural risks were covered. Quite concern about the landscape, weather, and political situation there.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Jamie, just wondering, but have you researched this on the web?
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    You'd better not bring Chinese workers to construct the expressways in Ethiopia or any other African countries. Hire locals. The govenment and people there welcome that.
  • Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

I did do some research on the web, but didn't get much detail.

The project is funded by Chinese government and the contractors are from China. I think maybe they would bring some chinese workers there.

• jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

so why has building an express way in Ethiopia has to do with the political, weather, landscape and atmospheric condition? 

am I right to think you are trying to say an express way shouldn't be built in Ethiopia?

I stand for correction 

• Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

@Fiifi

You're sensitive. An expressway construction project last for years, earthquake, flood, civil comotion, or accidents could cause losses to the construction. These could happen in every project in every country, not just in Ethiopia.

Thus, these must be insured by insurer in case any losses occured. And insurer have to acquire those information to decide whether to underwrite such business or in what conditions and terms.

• jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

@Jamie I will take my sensitivity as a compliment.. after all I work and live around kindergarten kids..... anyway I have read all you said and I still can't connect it to the very beginning of your thread. but anyway I will let sleeping dogs lie

cheers!

• jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

@Jamie I will take my sensitivity as a compliment.. after all I work and live around kindergarten kids..... anyway I have read all you said and I still can't connect it to the very beginning of your thread. but anyway I will let sleeping dogs lie

cheers!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

It was just a bad communication, it happens often in forum threads :)

Jamie, if it is about underwriting, have you actually look at insurance companies web sites in that country or around it?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.