Discussion » Health & Fitness » Is there anyone hate pork???

• Jessica $u.
    Jessica $u. wrote:

I mean besides the Muslims.

I really hate Pork!!! I think it is the most disgusting meat.

every time after eating it, the smell makes me feelling like to retch >_<

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... dont mean to brag, but maybe you have not visited the right restaurants, or have not tried my cooking :)

• Simen Stensvoll
    i love pork!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... you dont like pork? or just think it is too fat and oily, so it is bad for your figure?

If it is the latter, you might be glad to know that certain parts of a pig is as lean and tasty as chicken, in fact, in Australia, pork (trimmed, lean) is considered "white meat", similar to chicken and fish ...

• Joakim Berg Solum

Pork is the most versatile meat of all. You can do so many things with pork that you can't do as well with other meats. mmmmmmmmmmm I'm getting hungry right now thinking about a good smoked pork shoulder...

Even still, if I had to give it up, I'd give up pork before I gave up beef. I love steak too much to give that up

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... again, you have not visited a restaurant that you like, or you have not tried my cooking ... there are so many wonderful things one can do with pork that I am sure you will like at least one of them ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... if you know me more, you probably wont say that ...

If I find a break (30+ min), I will try to write some receipes for pork ...

As for steak, if you like to cook, the steak fillet and sirloin from Jenny Lou's are better value and quality than most supermarkets ...

Or if you dont like to cook ... Outback at Wang Fu Jing is not too bad (I have not tried the one at Gong Ti), as well as Tasty in Xi Zhi Men (7-course meal for 99 yuan is a good deal), and I am sure people here has more to recommend, but DONT go to Sizzler, it is a rip-off (compared to Outback) ...

• Stef
    Stef wrote:
    叮当叔食匀晒北京城啦。
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

Yeah, I think it's disgusting, I can't stomache pork. The smell is horrid if barbecued. The taste doesn't bother me so much, but the consistancy is gross. I think it's just because it's so fatty. I'm not used to eating such fatty foods.

It's a shame, since in China meat is basically defined as pig. Lucky there's a big population of Muslim Turks in China that open Halal restaurants :-D

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... not sure why I am arguing FOR the pigs family, maybe because as mentioned in another thread, human and pigs were once related?

So all you little piglets listen up ... certain parts of pigs do taste foul if not washed and cooked properly, and worse if it is not fresh or close to its "expiry", also, there are people selling them in Beijing, so I am sorry if you have tasted that ...

As for fatty, heehee, pigs are pigs, no argument there, though certain parts of beef and lamb are also fatty too, so there you go :) ... and by the way, Ming is into health and fitness (you girls would have love to meet him in person *wink*) ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Ming=莫明...when I type in English, I often call him "Ming" ...

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

After i ate the pork cooked by my mexican friend i stopped eating pork, i even dont like the smell now (yuck)

• Kristian Svoren

i hate pork but i do eat it!! funnny

• Maggie
    Maggie wrote:

Sometimes, I do hate the smell of pork too; BTW, I think I can be a vegetarian since peanut oil can be fine for everything......

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Really?

• Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:

I just don't understand how can anybody live without bacon.

and by that I mean the real stuff, not what they sell in Pizza Hut or those cheap Chinese-nized Italian restaurants.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

@ Yes Sir. I agree bro, but now honestly, how about a little every now and again. HeHe

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

@ Joanne lol.Well in the states it's labor day so I will be cooking some pork ribs!!! No work today all play. I would enivite everyone , but it seems as if you may have pork fury lol. Just once taste of my ribs and you won't remeber your names. And joanne , i have excatly 1 slab of beef ribz left hehe.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... let's "cook" it out sometimes ... Virgil, how do you do your ribs? I used dried garlic (and salt and sugar) to marinate, and brush honey (mixed with wine) when baking ...
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:

举手

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:
    Me to, salt ,sugar, garlic, red pepper and coriander. Hehe. Well I'll cook mine for at least 4-5hours at about 250"F. If I brush mine its usually only with sauce or a tiny bit of butter, rosemary , thyme and garlic. A few times I made a soy paste with a pepper puree, oh man it was 2ooooh good!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

OK ... I dont actually cook it for that long ... and I definitely dont use that much herbs ... you win in the "herbs" dept, heehee ...
  • Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Well , that's the thing.I don't really have herbs, this was found behind the mall is it safe?Just kidding I only use minimal amounts of seasoning so that it retains a natural flavor.As you know pork doesn't need much attention.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I still look forward to "cook" it off against you some time, but I have less of a certainty of ever winning this one, heehee ...
  • Ekki
    Ekki wrote:

after living in lanzhou for 1.5 years (a chinese muslim city), i've stopped eating pork. these days i detest the smell and texture of the meat.

• Maggie Wang
    Maggie Wang wrote:

I like to eat pork.

It doesn't like beef so hard;

it doesn't like mutton so smelly;

it doesn't like fish so fishy smell;

it doesn't like chicken so thin, the meat likes the wood;

• Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:

I think Virgil has it right...pork tastes great with many fine flavors marinated into it.  that said, I love bacon in the morning or sausage. mmm   It all comes down to preference and culture.  Many in China eat about anything.  I have a hang up with lamb, since when I was a kid I associated it with poor peoples food..still I will eat it, but don't like it.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Steven Ritter ... in such case, us in Oz must be really poor, because last I checked (last October, Sydney) prime cut lamb cutlets cost about AUD$2 a piece, or about 12RMB or USD1.3, and if one has a big mouth like me, it is only one bite, I dont see anything cheap with that :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.