Discussion » Dating & Romance » Taking a girl to a hotel room

• Martin Auer
    Martin Auer wrote:
    Is it true that you can´t bring girls in Beijing to your hotel room? Does anyone has a suggestion, where to go in case or in which hotels the staff might look the other way?
  • Joakim Berg Solum

As far as I know, you can take whoever you want into your room with you, but they have to register at the hotel front desk if you want to do it properly. You can take in "girls" but you can't take in outside hookers at most places, so that's what they are trying to prevent.

• Edvin Eikild Sehm

Just like what Jun go said, you can bring whoever you want to your hotel room. Do registration at reception and then they can go to your room. The security staff in hotel just want to prevent hookers go to interrupt guests.And if there will happen something bad, they can find the murderer easily. Actually it is good for your safety.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:

@dingdang, i dont think the phenomenon you linked happens nowadays, ppl are more civilized than b4, anyway, theater is theater, not a hotel, haha

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I dont know, I did not write it ... I just read it from China Daily a few days ago, and I can only imagine that it still happens ... but of course, for foreigners, hotel rooms might be better that cinemas :)

In ther western world, we say "get a room" ... in China, I think we should say "get two tickets" ...

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:

but i dont see it for years,,, Chinese begin to use hotel...ha, at least i dont use the tickets,,,

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I did not say "you" ... and even if you do not see it, it does not mean it does happen ... but of course, this depends on the neighbourhood ...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

There was recently a post on Daves ESL cafe about this: a foreign guy and his Chinese girlfriend were travelling China and booked into a hostel in Beijing but were told they had to be married in order to share a room. When they told the hostel they weren't married the hostel insisted that it was the law in Beijng.

Apparently this does happen occassionally when the hotel/hostel are trying to get more money out of the guests or don't particularly like the guests in question(if, for instance, the management has an issue with a Chinese girl dating a foreign guy, which is not totally unheard of), but I'm not sure it's actually a law.

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I have no experience with bringing girls back to my hotel (in China), but apparently Chinese girls can bring foreign guys to their hotel no problem. Daniel, I have a pair of friends (foreign guy and Chinese girlfriend) who had the same problem. My guess is that it probably IS the law, but it is one of the many Chinese "laws" that is so old and outdated that nobody bothers to enforce it anymore.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

I and my girlfriend have never had problems staying in any hotels anywhere in China. (Except cockroaches and lizards in some places). I'm not Chinese, she is.

DingDang, don't you know that Chinese have 5000 years of cultural history, and after such a long time they are very civilized and would never do such crass things. Hey, speaking of Chinese history... nah I'm just kidding. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go shit on the sidewalk.

• Monica Jakobsen

just make sure you dont leave any blood stain on the bed sheet.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

When I was in high school, I got a handjob during the really long flashback scene in the middle of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Verily, I still insist that the best formula for a date movie is to sandwich a tale of star-crossed lovers between two meaty slabs of martial arts action. It is kind of like the KFC Double Down of screenwriting.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Furthermore I must submit that anyone who looks back in a movie theater is totally guilty of voyeurism if they stare long enough to identify any two sillouhettes going at it. I consider that a bit creepier than the comparatively subtle exhibitionism of making out in the back of a dark theater.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Peter: the reason I wasn't convinced it is a law is because my girlfriend used to work managing the reception of a Chinese hostel and was generally the one who dealt with the police for stuff like passport copies and regulations, and she's convinced that this isn't a law. She has heard about it happening though, particularly with Leo Hostel and the hostels connected with it, because the management don't like Chinese guests staying in their places.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.