Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Scamming a scammer?

• Drummer Donna
    Drummer Donna wrote:

Hi, I'd like some advice on how to scam a scammer.  A couple of years ago I got rooked into the classic teahouse scam by a couple of young women around Tiananmen.  I had my guard up but these two were SO SMOOTH.  Plus, I thought young Chinese women only scammed foreign men.  Anyway, I got taken for about 350 RMB.

Now I have acquired the email and phone number of one of them and I want to set up a sting.  Any suggestions?

• Shane
    Shane wrote:

The first question is, how did you aquire the phone number and email of them?

• Durim Osmani
    Durim Osmani wrote:
    The only thing you can achieve is to poison your own heart when troubelling your mind about suspected "scammers" a view years and lousy 350,-kuai later.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... 350, a few years ago? So on a daily average basis, you have paid maybe three maos (30 cents RMB) per day for that lesson, that's not really a bad rate, except that you have not seemed to have learnt anything ...

Joking aside ... what do you expect to achieve by scamming them?

Instead of "scam", maybe you could play a prank ... no idea about this yet, but assuming they are still in the same business, they are likely to be smarter than a few years ago, and my concern is if you might lose another 350 (or worse) ...

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

>Implying they gave you their real infos.

Seriously.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Rape her.

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:
    Scam them For scammers,good way is measure for measure
  • THIS IS A BIG IMAGE

KTV, Rack up the bill, do a runner.

• Ch
    Ch wrote:
    hummm...how about this: making friends with them first, then join them, I mean you become a scammer and learn their technique. when u r better than them (of course u must work hard!), u can beat them perfectly good luck, Drummer!
  • jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

same thing happen to a friend of mine and she ended up paying 400RMB for tea! the story sounded funny but then i was like how did u end up paying that much for just tea? well I think just let it slide.. its not worth your time

• jonny fagerli
    jonny fagerli wrote:

same thing happen to a friend of mine and she ended up paying 400RMB for tea! the story sounded funny but then i was like how did u end up paying that much for just tea? well I think just let it slide.. its not worth your time

• Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:

tea?not tea-leaves?

how did they scamming u?

• Daniel Westerberg

Decide to meet them in a far off place.. if they live in south beijing, ask to meet them in north beijing or far out east/west, then you just don't bother to show up, they have to spend half a day in public transport or about 100 rmb on taxi for nothing.. if you can get them to meet you in the evening, that's even better, set a time just about when the subway is about to close so they must take taxi home :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.