Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » How to clear recent activity

• JAG ©2014
    JAG ©2014 wrote:

I am not really sure why recently that recent activity was added to our profile pages without our permission and we have no option to clear it. There is been no explanation to why this was suddenly added. I appreciate a little privacy.

Thank you that I have the option to delete those silly bubbles when someone can simply send me a private message. I don't need the whole world knowing my business.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Hell yeah.

Having all my old forum posts up there for the whole world to see is not exactly a desirable situation!

Must delete immediately!

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

BTW, is that you in your profile photo, JAG?

How come you end up looking like a troubled-but-sensitive underwear model and I look like something off of Sesame Street?

Photoshop trickery, right?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... the good, the bad, and the very ugly :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Actually, I would like to find out (again) how the "reply" is supposed to be used in "recent activity"?

As more (new) recent activity appears, the old ones get pushed out, and so are the reply (or replies) to any of the activities, so what's the point of writing reply when it will probably disappear in a day or maybe two?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... somehow I would bet that WLIB team dont like my old school ideas ... my guess is that they want to become more FB like, and I am afraid there is nothing a few individual can do to stop that ... *autobot roll out*

OK ... literally, recent activity should mean, well "recent activity", so I agree with keeping log of everything that the member had done, however, the "friend request" bug should be fixed ...

One thing I dont like about the new RA, is that it is below the "description", and as most people knows, I have a million-word description, so even I get tired of "searching" for the RA ... so I was wondering if the RA could be moved above the "description"?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... god forbids we are actually saying FB out loud here ...

I dont care much about my "recent activity" in FB, because it is "friend only" anyway, unlike here, nearly everything is open to everyone ... which is why I love using the "blocking" thing to block away those people I dont like, although it does not work well either ...

Strange though ... there are many nice things on this site (including the girls' photos of course, hahaha), but most of them only work up to 90% (the girls, only 1% of them work well, heehee) ...

• Saint - Spartacus

any Cracker ?  please !!!!!!  JUST DO STH

• Saint - Spartacus

i guess nothing can better than facebook at this moment, maybe sth new will replace it , even a film will present , So the subject of facebook ...

I guess there are so many people like collections , charming faces OMG

everything could be beautiful under make up & PS

i feel also that people looks smart, sorte of super star

maybe most of people are to shy to talk and just observing as you

or just connect to get in touch

i kill times here when i was alone, no friends call me out , lazy periode, closed ...

i feel funny to obseve the pictures , like a tv show sth, after that i do realy hard to get sth really catch me. depends, people are so different  ...

PS : exclame for private  clean space

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... JAG ... some girls might actually like you in pink ... oh that reminds me, I have meant to buy a pink Polo for a long time (30-yuan xiu shui A-goods) ...

Excuse my poor English, but I had always thought that "profile" means information, not a log or history of what's going on?

So, assuming that my understanding about "profile" is correct ... I would suggest:

Allow everyone (except blocked of course) to always see the "loser statistics" and personal info (also work and description), maybe even the gallery and bubble, so that anyone will have a chance to know something about this person ... oh, anyone (again, unless blocked) can also write guestbook and send PM (unless "privacy" setting is used) ...

One thing I have noticed about this new RA, is that it does not come onto the screen immediately (unlike the old "minifeed"), but it is "built" in real-time ... so my next suggestion is that only friends (and myself of course) should be allowed to read guestbook and RA (hell, if you dont want your friends to know what you have been doing on this site, whether good deeds or dirty deeds, well, dont call them "friends"), and this can be easily done by detecting whether the "visitor" of the profile page is a "friend" or not ...

Fair is fair, the RA is really not a bad idea, but it did seem strange to me that this was not "announced" in the forum prior to development or release, to gather some feedback and ideas, like in the case of a small thing such "nationality" many moons ago ... especially when the RA thing must have taken lots of time and work, and has such a huge impact (people like Zestxfactor might consider leaving the site because of it) ...

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Lewis, are you using one of JAG's photos there?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... "It reminds me of elemetary school" ... I would go one step further though:

Someone running to you in the playground (or sandpit), pull the sleeve of your shirt (or skirt), and shyly asks "can I be your friends"? Then run away without a word ...

I dont usually use the "C" word on a guy, but hell, that's cute, even brilliant, and I might just take you up on the offer of "can I be your friend" ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Doctor, I am getting very sick ...

Someone just sent me a friend request, and when I went to check the profile, it is said in the RA that we are ALREADY friends ... twice ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... ok ok ... keep going like this, we will start calling each other sisters ...

Hello-lo-lo-lo? Anyone out there-ere-ere-ere? Please fix the RA bugs-s-s-s ... thank you-q-q-q ...

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

Some nice privacy would be great, i always delete all these messages in my history by hand, but that really annoying and now they make stats like thatsbj.com that start really bad, i delete my account there because of this reason ...

• Hanna Amalie Martinsen

i didnt like too!!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.