Discussion » Beijing Life » guiness or killkenny

• Allanyy
    Allanyy wrote:
    anyone got any ideas which pub or club serves authentic irish guiness or killkenny? i m a big fan of dark ale beer
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

i guess it's always in the Irish, English bars right ? Yeah i'm a fan too, so i would be interested to know. By the way, guinness for me ! 

Recently i bought a 'fake' bottle of Chivas. Well, anyway it definitely had some water in it. I'm scared to go to a bar and have fake guinness !

• Petter Meisfjordskar

The Den and Paddy Oshea. 

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

I think real life is sitting at a bar with a pint of guinness and a little cup of ergoutou bajiu.

taking it in turns. real life can't help but play it's tune. 

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:

haha, Albany yeah you've got to be careful with that stuff. It's strong and kinda gives you this rush, i'm not exactly sure what is rushing, but i've felt it. 

but you know i'm quite happy with a strong drink. though i mostly drink whiskey (like right now). the thing i like about erguotou is that it's like a history lesson every time i take a sip. 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

A couple of places I used to frequent now no longer carry it. The Foreign Extra stuff in the small bottles is easy to find, but it's not the Real McCoy.

I love Guiness but I'm also fond of dive bars and dirty student joints. I'm not going to some posh restaurant, fake Irish pub, or den of vice and inequity just to drink my favorite bitter beer.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.