Discussion » Nonsense » Using the Wii in China

• Liam (李安)
    Liam (李安) wrote:

Hello. I'm curious as to whether I should buy a Wii before I head over to Beijing in a couple weeks. I'm coming from the US.

I've heard that the Wii is a little more expensive in China. Should I just get it here and then buy an adapter in China? If so, how much can I expect to pay for the adapter?

Is it easy to find/download Wii games there as well as the old school virtual console games?

Thanks! 

• Petter Meisfjordskar

Man, do not waste that money. Get it down here and we make use of it at Sanlitun.

• Simen Wangberg

Most games here are pirated copies - meaning you'll need to mod your Wii in some fashion in order to play any games over here. Conversely, if you wait to buy one here, you can get it already modded. I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can still play your old games from the States on it as well as the pirated games.

It's definitely easy to find games - places like Zhongguancun and other neighborhoods have 'em. The last time I was in the Silk Market, I was quoted 1200 yuan (about $177) for a modded Wii - this was the first offer, before I even had a chance to bargain.

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

Yeah, bought a 360 here, without any problem. Comes in already modded, then it's 5 kuai per game.

Check on Taobao if you want to know about prices.

• Joy
    Joy wrote:
    of course no problem. it goes well with thoes games~ yeah...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Wii in China is why I wear combat boots when I go to bars, even during the summer. Why is there piss on every surface surrounding the toilet? I thought that if you're swinging a short bat, you're supposed to step closer to the plate.

In b4 old pun is old. This is bad and I should feel bad for saying it.

• Joy
    Joy wrote:
    it depends on where u want to get ur wii modified. some places may ask for 200 RMB and some about 100 RMB.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

50 kuais probably

• Joakim Berg Solum

Dude, don't waste your time bringing an American Wii over to save a few bucks. Get something really expensive in America and then resell it in China to make some money... that will more than make up for what little bit extra the Wii might cost. Like you can get a brand new MacBook Pro 13 in the US for $1000 and resell it in Beijing for maybe 8500 or 9000 RMB...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.