Discussion » Technology » where to find electronic parts (for synths) / 在那里卖

• / / / \ \ \
    / / / \ \ \ wrote:

besides zhongguancun, is there a major electronic parts market in Beijing that sells capacitors, potentiometers, resistors, diodes, microcontrollers, and soldering equipment?

除了中关村,有卖电子的大市场吗?我在找电容器,烙铁,电阻, 这类的东西。

• Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    Come on,we have a big brother name BaiDu,ask him.
  • / / / \ \ \
    / / / \ \ \ wrote:

that response was really worth your time!

• Simen Wangberg

Hahaha. So you build your own synths or something? Cool stuff, not really a big scene for that here though. Zhongguancun is almost certainly your best bet, I don't really know of any equivalents to that in Beijing. We don't exactly have Radio Shack around these parts. Then again, Radio Shack barely even exists in the States anymore...

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

I read a post on another forum by some electronics nerd who said that at Zhongguancun you can take them diagrams and they'll make up simple circuits quickly and cheaply.

Also, I know that decent keyboards and sythns are expensive over here but making your own seems like going a bit too far.

• THIS IS A BIG IMAGE

Post some pictures of the synth, I love this stuff :)

• / / / \ \ \
    / / / \ \ \ wrote:

i think it's cheaper to buy parts here than in america? yeah, radioshacks are pretty barren

it's great to know places at zhongguancun can whip me up a kit if i bring the specs, thanks! i was worried about spending hours trying to find the correct parts separately.

as for "going a bit too far", knowing how to tweak things to your specifications and improve on existing synths you might buy is interesting, at least to me. 

thanks again, all.

• Kkg
    Kkg wrote:
    well, u can find electronic parts markets at luomashi, guozixiang & sixi. i used to be a fan of radio & ic.
  • Simen Wangberg

"as for "going a bit too far", knowing how to tweak things to your specifications and improve on existing synths you might buy is interesting, at least to me."

What kinda jams are you playing with these modified/custom synths? I dunno how long you've been in town, but at D-22 there's an experimental music night every Tuesday, they have all sorts of local folks come in and get weird all over the place. There's a good article about it on the front page of this very website.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.