Discussion » Nonsense » Earthquake weather?

• Jade Chen
    Jade Chen wrote:

My friend's mom and my uncle, who don't know each other, have recently commented on the weather this summer, saying it resembles the weather during the Tangshan quake of 1976: hazy, humid, and rather irregular. I brushed the remarks off, thinking it's just another weird summer in Beijing caused by global warming or something.

My mom just came back from the airport saying the sky was a reddish color near the mountains, but pitch black skies above. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this, I'm getting seriously paranoid. I'm already starting to sleep on the first floor just in case.

PS: The movie "Aftershocks" may or may not be the cause of my newfound paranoia...

• Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

Geologists maintain that there is no connection between weather and earthquakes. They are the result of geologic processes within the earth and can happen in any weather and at any time during the year. Earthquakes originate miles underground. Wind, precipitation, temperature, and barometric pressure changes affect only the surface and shallow subsurface of the Earth. Earthquakes are focused at depths well out of the reach of weather, and the forces that cause earthquakes are much larger than the weather forces. Earthquakes occur in all types of weather, in all climate zones, in all seasons of the year, and at any time of day.

from wiki.com

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:

hahahahh...Sakura chann,I'm Sasuke,we're classmate in class 7 : )

• Jade Chen
    Jade Chen wrote:

@ Sakura: Yes I've done my research and read that article, but some things even science can't explain... It's not crazy to think there exists some kind of pre-earthquake weather pattern, especially when we're located in relatively the same area as Tangshan.

• Rick Z
    Rick Z wrote:

Then WAIT FOR the DESTINY!!!

• Børge Notkevich

Well animal's reactions would probably be the best relations to natural disasters

• Joakim Berg Solum

Just remember, duck and cover!

• Simen Wangberg

"the sky was a reddish color near the mountains, but pitch black skies above."

Thaaaaaaat would be the pollution.

• Dan
    Dan wrote:

Not sure about the weather theory, but I agree with Jade, so many things that science can't explain.......

• Daniel Westerberg

"the sky was a reddish color near the mountains, but pitch black skies above."

Maybe it was HAARP they witnessed? :D

and Jon gu, Duck and cover is the prefered action to take when a volcano erupts not during an earth quake ;)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.