Discussion » Health & Fitness » Revamping a Rusty Engine and Bringing Muscle Back

• Jon St.Angel
    Jon St.Angel wrote:

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Basics and Extremes of Bigness

Building blocks all follow the same pattern's design and that is, to build a foundation.

Whatever that has to do with making muscle, well, it is closely and relatively accurate. You cannot walk into a company and expect to change things with just a strong arm and a sharp mind. Same applies to weight training. You cannot walk into a workout factory and already know how to operate the equipment and what to manufacture. First, what is the plan and what are trying to produce, a better body, right? Sounds simple but there are many many training procedures to learn before you stack up those 45 plates on the infamous Benchpress to test your maximum alpha male strength. I thought that ended in high school but apparently when you have pythons, pipes or guns, dudes still ask you what your Bench is. Me, I just tell them my all time best was around 400 pounds and now, I have no clue but certainly far from 4. Back in the day which was 5 years ago, I was in the best shape of my life. At 225 pounds, people knew that this kid was not even old enough to walk into rough bars but was among the top brutes in town. After a while of standing on the peak I ingloriously realized that being among the biggest, baddest, strongest guys in town was not going to pay the bills and unknowingly became an unneeded full time job I could not afford. Eating 7 to 8 meals a day is very time consuming, not to mention EXPENSIVE. Literally sports supplements, monthly gym membership dues and big grocery bills can amount to more than one month of rent. That's why some call it a Lifestyle. Myself included, since 1999.

• Marcus Nilsen
    Marcus Nilsen wrote:

n all of Hollywood history, there cannot be a better example of The Self-Made Man than Arnold Schwarzenegger. A millionaire many, many times over, ...

• Marcus Nilsen
    Marcus Nilsen wrote:

Week One into BJ's "Best Body" contest.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.