Discussion » Music » RAP - Hong Kong style

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

This is the MV of one of the latest HK triad movies!

The movie is called "飞砂风中转", and the title of the song should be "人多势众" ... if you can read Chinese or understand Cantonese, you might appreciate it more :)

The movie is a dark comedy about HK triad, with 陈小春 and 郑伊健 playing the leading roles, both famous for their previous roles in similar movies ...

I hope to watch the Cantonese version (online) tonight and if it is any good, I will let share it with you all :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Oh, and here is another one!

The title of the song is "Fight to Win", performed by MC Jin ... it is the theme song of the HK movie 打擂台, directed by Andy Lau 刘德华...

The MV is done as a modern way of showing kung-fu movies from the 70's and 80's, whereas the movie itself is about the fading "kong fu culture" of that era, so being my age, it brought back lots of memory about 黄飞鸿(关德兴) and 石坚 ... it has a happy ending with a sad touch and is available on Funshion if anyone is interested ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I cannot be sure how REAL are these movies and having been away from HK for many years, I am not too familiar with it, plus the news coverage is usually not 100%, either too soft or too exaggerated ... but I can be sure that triad (or gangsters) do exist, in fact, one of the elders in my family belongs to the triad, and two of his sons too...

• Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

Where to find these movies?

I prefer contonese version too.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

If you cannot find it in Google, you can certainly find them via Baidu, or just visit 土豆 or Youku ...

I did found the Cantonese version of the gangster movie above from 土豆, but I dont have the link here ... if you can wait, I will get back to you later tonight :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.