Discussion » Art & Design » Logo designers

• Miss Red Head
    Miss Red Head wrote:

Looking for a designer to design a logo for a new firm.

Would be great to get recommendations and seriously offers.

• Jacopo DR
    Jacopo DR wrote:
    do you have a serious budget?
  • Børge Notkevich

We want a fair deal obviously.

• Jacopo DR
    Jacopo DR wrote:
    i sent you a PM, let me know if you didn't get it
  • Børge Notkevich

Thanks, I just replied :)

• Børge Notkevich

Thorstan Fries is your brother or JDK located in China? Didn't seem to see it on the site.  

• Jacopo DR
    Jacopo DR wrote:

Interesting point of view, Thorstan.

I haven't been directly involved in Ad and CI design for few years now, so I guess things have changed a lot. For us, a meeting face-to-face with the client was essential to understand his/her ideas (most people are not used to talk about design, so they literally don't know how to express what they want), and of course speed up the process.

I'm not trying to push Miss Red Head away from your brother, I'm pretty sure he's a much better designer than I am (and if her firm doesn't see a need in meeting personally the designer, surely a better choice). I'm genuinely curious: how much virtual meetings and briefings have replaced "physical" meetings.

If the percentage is high enough I might think to go back to graphic design ;)

• Børge Notkevich

Thorstan Fries: My point is actually, does your brother undserstand Chinese or the Chinese culture well enough? As this is for a Chinese firm and future clients will be Chinese companies also.

• Jacopo DR
    Jacopo DR wrote:
    Thorstan, indeed I'm growing old and the idea of dealing with clients only through telephone or computer kind of scares me. I did a couple of job like those, but mainly helping friends improving their work, than they had to deal with the clients. I'll make space for new generations ;) Miss Red Head, fair point, altho having someone who doesn't read Chinese and has no clue about China could actually give you interesting results. Working with Chinese characters only as graphic elements is a great way to give them a new appeal.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.