Discussion » Nonsense » Ask a lawyer

• Gaogao
    Gaogao wrote:

We live in Beijing; We work in Beijing; We have business in Beijing; We encounter various problems in Beijing.

Here is a local lawyer provide legal advice in Beijing. Free for all members of we liveinbeijing. If you have any question, please contact David Gao by:

bjlawyer.gao@gmail.com, or call 010 86931555

• Christopher Dame

How legit is it?

• №❶ Passioη

hopefully, it's just the "advice" part... but if you're a frustrated foreigner being cheated by a chinese firm or person, DO NOT hire these kinds of local lawyers to handle your case.

• Simen Wangberg

"...if you're a frustrated foreigner being cheated by a chinese firm or person, DO NOT hire these kinds of local lawyers to handle your case."

I don't have to make too many guesses to figure out why...but I'm still curious. Why shouldn't foreigners hire local lawyers, specifically? Do they have a history of screwing people over?

• Børge Notkevich

I am working at a local law firm, and most our clients are international clients. Perhaps it's the little local law firms people should becareful of, trust your instincts.

• Simen Wangberg

"Perhaps it's the little local law firms people should becareful of..."

Snaaaaap. Gaogao, need any ice for that burn?

LAWYERFIGHT

It's a law-off, people

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Gaogao, thanks for offering the legal advice :-)

I would be less likely to hire foreign firms, I notice that they like to charge ten times the standard local charge for services like setting up a WFOE, but I doubt they have to same connections in the courthouse or understanding of the laws/nonlaws that locals do.

• №❶ Passioη

Yes they are quite useful in setting up WOFEs but they may insist on holding some shares or getting periodic payments after that (by acting as your permanent legal representative, acting as directors or supplying you with a secretary). Fock that but..

ATTENTION: If you're a foreigner who has a problem with a local chinese firm or person, DON'T hire these kinds of lawyers. I repeat, DO NOT hire these kinds of lawyers

They will tell you everything positive about the outcome of the case in your favour, make as much money as they can from you, then take sides with the chinese pepetrators and fock you up more. You (the victim) might end up being deemed as the criminal... I say this honestly from my experience and experiences of my close foreign friends (white / black / brown). DO NOT HIRE these local lawyers...

If you have a problem like being cheated by a chinese company or contract was breached by the chinese party, etc. Contact me, I will show you how to fight your legal battles successfully through the United Nations Office in Beijing... and / or through your country's embassy....

Good Luck

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Oh but who to believe? Some stranger from the internet, or some stranger from the internet?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.