Discussion » Nonsense » observational research

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:

due to extreme boredom, lost laowai syndrome or just plain assholism. I don't care. call it what you will.

but ive come to the conclusion that this city is filled with some very materialistic people who are about as shallow as the water i found on the road when someone from a cigaretter store throws out a bucket of "foot wash".

now if you are interested to know what i found out about people here. well youll have to ask me directly. but there are some very very shallow people in Beijing.

girls: haha wo cao i cannot post it here.

guys: well what can i really say? You wont be in beijing in a year or two anyway.

ciao biatcha!!

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

If I'm bored later I will post the logic behing Chinese materialism. After a few years of criticism, I decided that it does make sense in this environment.

• Synne Syverstad

there r hundreds of worlds in hundreds of people.

sometimes what you wanna see or what u r decide what u see. Undoubtablly, the subjunctive elements also matters, but the objective terms also count, dont they? as it is said, there is no new story in the daylight. esp. in nowadays society, I cant see any city that is really different from others. kind and evil, happy and sorrow, material and romance... they live together in the city, in the cities. as for what u got, it depends on what u r.

is the world only thing changing ? or ourselves r also changing ? or we r also a part of the force that makes it changing ?

r the changes so bad? r the memories so beautiful ? r people living in the past all feel happier than people in nowdays do? the past was also the "nowadays" , the nowadays will become the "past". what is shared by all the moments and will never change is the mix of happiness as well as sorrow, good as well as evil, progress as well as problems...

so less complains and pure criticism, more appreciations and real actions to help. then maybe u will see and live in a better world~

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

I hear many times talking with chinese ¨friends¨, things like:

I hate this city, too many people, is not a good place for live, dusty, dirty.....
    then I usually ask are you from beijing? and why you are here?

i´m not from beijing, and i´m here for work, for my job

from my experience in this city there are many people unhappy living here, but in the same time, they are here only for the money.

well, seems that is axiom, that you need money for be happy, happiness sii money, and the most funny thing is that to gain money. some people have to sacrifice their present happiness for the future happiness,
    change a beatiful present time -i´m happy- for a fuzzy time -i could be happy-

could be happy like the donkey with a good practicality, :

but i don´t think that is only this city, under capitalism everything becomes a matter of money, love, friendship, religious belief.... althought a mix of confucianism plus capitalism mmm ohhh yeah!!!! I can not wait to see the results

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

What's wrong with superficial and materialistic people?

Should all folks be deep thinkers, ruminating over Maslow's pyramid of Self Actualization while twirling their brandy snifters?

I'd like to think that most people occupy the comfortable space between so-called materialism and altruism.

Egats. It takes all kinds to make the world go round -- and Beijing doesn't appear to have a higher ratio of money-grubbing synchophants than anywhere else I've been.

But the only thing worse than superficial fauxhemian douchebags are judgemental curmudgeons.

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

Yeah, what's wrong with materialistic people? We need them to boost the economy!

• Simen Wangberg

"...Beijing doesn't appear to have a higher ratio of money-grubbing synchophants than anywhere else I've been."

I think I mentioned this in another thread before - I feel like some of the Chinese are a little more conspicuous about their consumption (entire photo albums of pictures of their designer bags and shit); however, I agree that there aren't necessarily more of them here. They just seem more numerous because they're so conspicuous.

"Yeah, what's wrong with materialistic people? We need them to boost the economy!"

Plus this. Also, I love buying shit.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

guys, you work shit jobs that you don't like to buy things you dont need at all, you bowed to or get on your knee to your mother fucker douche bag bosses to make a penny, you are dreaming of purchasing everything and ultimately you are purchaseble……you are the "lowest of the low, the scum of" your own spirit world... now forget them all, burn them all, and join the fight club.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

phuck commies! all commies are pure evil plutocrats

• Simen Wangberg

"guys, you work shit jobs that you don't like to buy things you dont need at all, you bowed to or get on your knee to your mother fucker douche bag bosses to make a penny..."

I take a sip from my pimp chalice and smirk at your remarks as I gesture to my butler to bring me a platter of goose liver.

Who am I kidding, I'm poor as fuck. But I'm happy. With my shit job. And my pimp chalice.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    I put a combination of words like pour a bunch or bars in a blank and never expect anyone take it serious, and now, WOW!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.