Discussion » Film & TV » Karate Crud

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Alright. I don't understand why the original Karate Kid movie is so beloved:

The narative shifts around too much, the soundtrack is way too loud and overpowers the dialouge, the dialouge itself is banal and the acting is wooden and stilted.

And Mr. Miagi isn't as cool as I remembered.

I'm going to beat myself up for letting my agent cast me in this shitty movie.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

the answer is Elisabeth Shue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Pete, talking about bad acting, I happened to see "Spy Next Door" last week, and even with Jackie Chan, it felt like a B grade or worse ... those bad guys are just big chunk of walking muscle, they cant act, they cant talk, they cant even do bad ...

By the way, I love "wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off" ... I tried it, but it did not work ... hahahaha ... and at least Mr Miagi was played by someone of Japanese descendent, not a Chinese or Korean descendent :)

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@叮噹叔叔, damm! your comment has done that I remembered that I paid for watch this movie in the cinema :S

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

"China here, Japan here, Okinawa here... and kitana here."

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.