Discussion » Dating & Romance » Husband has stomach cancer, only has two months to

• Svetlana Evmenova
    Svetlana Evmenova wrote:

Husband has stomach cancer, only has two months to live!! And the wife does this!!!!! (Maximum 3 choices)

A husband has been diagnosed with stomach cancer, only has two months to live. Upon learning of this, the wife aborted the 5-month old child in her belly, preparing to remarry.

At the time, the husband’s father and mother had already begged on their knees, asking her to have the child, and guaranteeing that they will take care of all the issues of raising the child, etc. after it is born, but she still still insisted on aborting it. During an interview with this reporter, the husband was very grief-stricken, and did not wish for her to attend his own funeral.

• Heartless woman: 14301 (37%)
    • I finally understand that saying: A husband and wife are birds in the same tree, but when disaster strikes, they fly their separate ways: 17230 (45%)
    • I think it is very normal: 1981 (5%)
    • There is nothing wrong with what the wife did, who told the husband to have a short life: 778 (2%)
    • Society is too realistic: 23876 (62%)
    • Soy sauce passing through: 1038 (3%)

So, what do think about it?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I think that's her decision. Fuck everyone else. That lady's got enough grief as it is.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

The wonderful power of death, remove masks, put promises to the test and reveal the crude truth
    what a pity! discover in the end of your live that you married with a fox

A kind of Void-Comp test for wifes and husbands would be great

• Simen Stensvoll

Soy sauce passing through

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

come on guys, were not 3 months were 5 months, there was a life inside of her :/

and her reasons...only for remarry.... is not a little extreme-practicality???

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

我是过来打酱油的。

but seriously I don't know how anyone other than anti-women's rights activists could be critical of this choice, and the survey responses really surprise me. It's always the woman's choice if she wants to have a baby or not (though personally I think if a woman chooses to have the baby she should have the man's consent as well). She initially considered to have a baby as part of a family with her husband. Without her husband, she doesn't want to raise that baby, and she also doesn't want to give birth to someone that she's not going to raise.
    If I was a woman, no one could beg me to have a baby that I didn't want for their own sake (or for the sake of the fetus), and I would be violently offended if someone were to suggest it was their business.

• Joakim Berg Solum

I think your survey responses add up to a lot more than 100%. WTF?

And yeah, agreed with the above and Dando.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@莫明
    In my case, i do not criticize -that the woman has the choice of abort- (of course not), I criticize her choice, is a moral comment about the concrete use of a right by a person in a particular case.

in other case, you have rights to have a weapon, and one day you kill some person, then: 
    I can criticize the use of your right (issue of moral)
    or
    I can critize your right (issue of laws)

In any case, If I meet this woman in the street, I will not write with red lyrics in her face -killer- or something like this, i´m not a moron.

my point of view about abortion??

abortion is legal or not? is a question very simple, depends of the laws of each country
    abortion is just? well, here is the problem, right?

I think that laws and justice are things differents, laws don´t need be fair for be laws.

i´m not an anti-women's rights activists, but i can not avoid feel sick about her decision, , in the same case that when I hear about woman under 18 with more than 2 abortions. i don´t feel sick for her rights, i feel sick for her use.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Jon, I think it must be a multiple choice question. And, agree with Dando. btw, it remind me a long time heat-debated issue: Who got the right of making decision of abortion or just keep the baby? men or women? or both? There are many circumstances, like how about the two decided not to use any contraception method? how about they used contraception method, but the woman still got preganant by chance? how about the woman "steal" some of the man's semen, then "manually" made herself preganant?
  • Simen Wangberg

"I think your survey responses add up to a lot more than 100%. WTF?"

lawl mathfail

"come on guys, were not 3 months were 5 months, there was a life inside of her :/"

To quote my personal life coach Bill Hicks, you're not a person until you're in my phone book. That is some cold shit that she would abort + already seek to remarry before her husband died, but...yeah. Women are way more heartless, cold and cruel than men, despite all the talk about females being all touchy-feely and emotional. Seriously, they are the original Terminators.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

I guess we're kind of ignoring that this was translated from Chinese, so maybe we should look at it from the very traditional Chinese family perspective?

There is no crime worse than not giving your parents/in-laws a grandson, and since the guy's parents don't have other children, if this woman aborts the fetus then the in-laws will never have a grandson to carry on their name (like there aren't enough people named 王), and also to take care of them and give them money when they're old.

On the other hand, if the woman doesn't abort the fetus, then no traditional man will want her. I mean, she's obviously not a virgin if she has a kid. (No one would marry someone with a kid anyway though right, even if she was a virgin :-p. At a minimum, whoever married her wouldn't be able to give a grandson to his own parents, which would be a grievious act indeed.) So, if she had the baby, she would be committing herself to a very lonely life.

@Adolfo, you support the right to abortion, but you criticize the choice to exercise that right?

This is the absolute best case for abortion. It's not people who were too stupid to use a condom, or forgot to take the pill. Some people use abortion as their primary form of birth control, and though I still support that they have abortions because they really shouldn't be having kids, I also have to say that they're stupid fucks.

Someone who changes the decision over whether or not to have a baby based on unforseeable events is the last person who should be criticized for responsible planning.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@莫明, I catch your point, is only that her motivations scare me, they wake up in my mind things like: ¨cold blood¨ or ¨a calculator instead a heart¨. 

BUT, thinking in the context that you have presented:

There is no crime worse than not giving your parents/in-laws a grandson, and since the guy's parents don't have other children, if this woman aborts the fetus then the in-laws will never have a grandson to carry on their name (like there aren't enough people named 王), and also to take care of them and give them money when they're old.

On the other hand, if the woman doesn't abort the fetus, then no traditional man will want her. I mean, she's obviously not a virgin if she has a kid. (No one would marry someone with a kid anyway though right, even if she was a virgin :-p. At a minimum, whoever married her wouldn't be able to give a grandson to his own parents, which would be a grievious act indeed.) So, if she had the baby, she would be committing herself to a very lonely life.

well, now I really understand her choice, but also, now I´m scared about the traditional Chinese family perspective..... thank you??? :/

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I suspect that the woman didn't explicitly say "I plan to remarry." I think it was inferred from her decision to get an abortion.

• Minger
    Minger wrote:

Yes, from the non-Chinese perspective, the idea that the motivation is her intent to remarry, rather than any of the reasonable reasons, is appalling.

But from the Chinese perspective, we assume that she does this because she wants to remarry. Actually, whoever originally wrote that sentence in is a fuck-face and he/she intentionally skewed the survey results by putting in his/her own opinion.

I just realized that since we get to choose 3 choices, the responses should add up to anywhere between 100% and 300%. Genius.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.