Discussion » Beijing Life » What do you for your birthday?

• Miss Red Head
    Miss Red Head wrote:

Apart from clubbing, ktv, simply getting smashed and dinners parties, what else does people do for their bithdays? Or any interesting birthday celebration ideas would be great!

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I'm fortunate that every year on my birthday (Dec 24), some of the best bands in China play at D-22's annual Christmas Party.

But if your birthday doesn't fall on Dec 24, I would recommend trying to go see some of the best bands in China, anyways.

• kö
    wrote:

just  say   happy  birthday  for my  firend````11mins ago

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Travel to Hangzhou and enjoy

• 事与愿违
    事与愿违 wrote:

Give my mum a call,and tell her"thank you,dear mum.Today is your 受难日"

• Jacopo DR
    Jacopo DR wrote:

i get one year older

• Børge Notkevich

Peter: you seem like a big fan of bands! are there good jazz bands in Beijing? How awesome would've it been if Usher's concert was on my b'day!!!

Sasuke: I think I would just thank my mother for bringing me into this world, but reminding her how painful it was would be so mean!!

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    I missed out on one word in the question. Hope it was "do". I usually come to think of it when i am asked how old i am. I always look at the end of year as important. But i here ladies have more than one birthday. I do not know how true this is.
  • Simen Stensvoll

i will get myself an orgy...

• ❤Pinkbubble❤

travel alone or with your best friend to make the journey special and unforgettable

buy a special gift for yourself.

BTW, happy birthday to you~! \(^o^)/~

• Børge Notkevich

thank u Pinkbubble :) not my birthday yet! However want to think of other things, more meaningful way to spend my birthday instead of getting drunk like every other year!

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    @Pinkbubble, How can one travel alone with her best friends? Is that possible?
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Most of my birthdays in China were totally lame because I either had to work the next day or they fell on days when there was nothing to do.

2005-I tried hotpot and baijiu for the first time. My girlfriend and I went to a hotpot restaurant where you ordered by selecting dishes from a list in Chinese characters only. We'd been in China less than a month, so we just randomly selected stuff. It worked amazingly well. I had to work the next day, so it was an early night.

2006-Had big plans to party with my Australian friend, but being that we were both middle school teachers, we'd spent the week of the gao kao getting smashed til sunrise and were too damaged to do anything. Had dinner at a shitty Brazillian BBQ

2007-Dinner and drinks with some friends at a xiao chi restaurant. Early night because I had to work the next day.

2008-Dinner with my girlfriend at Morrels. Spent the rest of the night alone at Tun watching snooker on the big screen.

2009-University night at D-22. Had a terrible case of the stomach flu.

2010-Dinner and drinks at the Wudaokou beer garden with some friends. A good night, but not much different from what I'd be doing on any other night.

Best birthday ever was 1990. Woke up face down on my porch with the keys in my front door. Later embarked on a 20 hour LSD trip.

Ah...to be 19 again.

• Simen Wangberg

This year? Drinking contest with my girlfriend. We both lost.

I didn't actually do much of anything for my birthday this year - I honestly didn't really care that much about it. But I second Pete's suggestion of checking out a concert - or you could do some KTV, go to some fancy-ass bar that you usually never go to...Hell, I dunno. Tons of shit. I'm just gonna stop typing now. Okay bye.

• ❤Pinkbubble❤

@Cool, didn't see the word  OR between alone & with friends?

• Børge Notkevich

Astaroth: That does sound like a good birthday!

• Annie Ann
    Annie Ann wrote:

Getting a new crazy haircut.  hahaha.

• Colin Jacobsen

this year i had a fight with my dad...doing nothing...

next year i will cry and doing nothing!

• StrawberryIceCream
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:

I have only got my first birthday cake when I turned 10 years old..ye hell with the insensitive crowd in which I was raised. So I turned out to be easily amused... just happy to get anything at all.

At the night of my birthday this month, I went on a 10-day trip to center italy, came back two days ago. Touring around Lazio and Toscana with my best friend...We were fabulously tanned and overall a valuable lesson has been learned... get your freaking driving license lazy bitch!......Errrr... but birthdays mostly I spent time home...call my folks...cook for friends...as far as liquor keeps coming, a decent meal and two three fine companies are more than good enough for me~~

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

Best birthday memory ever, 2007, flied from Brussels to Barcelona....By myself aimless walking on the street with a map, and a spanish guy just came to me, starting to speak to me in standard Chinese!!! 你要去哪里?And I also remember finally he asked me: we need to use euro, not RMB, do you have euro?? .....godness...how can I travel there with RMB!

Sadly...October gonna come very soon. and i gonna turned officially 26 :(

I wish I can fly to Granada this time ....

• Børge Notkevich

Letsmojito: A birthday spent in Italy sounds amazing!! Your idea of small gathering for birthday sounds like a smart idea :) 

Yuki Ines: Happy birthday for when it comes :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.