Discussion » Beijing Life » This the end, beautiful friend...this is the end!

• Alex
    Alex wrote:

Stealing Jim Morrison's words, I would say:

"This is the end
     Beautiful friend
     This is the end
     My only friend, the end"

One important cycle of my jorney is ending up.
    After one year and half living and working in Beijing, it's time to face new challenges, it's time to say goodbye.

I joined at WLIB on Feb/09, I've never been a regular contributor to this site but I did include it in my daily routine. I had a great time among this community, finding good stuffs and meeting terrific people...some of them will not leave my life easly ;)

WLIB was one of my good friends while in Beijing, my "Beautiful friend"!

• kö
    wrote:

come  on    and  crying   lol 

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

OMFG what is that horrible music????

• Børge Notkevich

What does the music have to do with this topic? Seriously, WTH?!

• Simen Stensvoll

now i wanna say

this is the end,beautiful boy,ur too young for me

• Hans Petter Bjørgen Hansen

haha coincidence... my year and a half here is almost over as well... Although I haven't really met many ppl from WLIB, it's an interesting place to hang out and find out about events and such...

However Beijing will for always be a part of me... many good friends, and many good times.. and hopefully in a not too far away future many more to be had.

I love BJ! (yep.. both kinds)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Interesting ... I am a bit curious about the schedule or plan that most "outsiders" (foreigners, Chinese from outside Beijing or returning from overseas etc) have for Beijing, or China if you are a foreigner ... it seems that most people (in this community anyway) are for short stay, like a few months or at most, a few years?

• Alex
    Alex wrote:

@叮噹叔叔:
    I came to stay 2 years, leaving after 1 year and 7 months...not bad at all!
    Most of my foreigners friends also came to stay between 1 to 2 years, sounds a reasonable time to handle the cultural impact, achieve the goals, and enjoy yourself in China.

• Hans Petter Bjørgen Hansen

Well for me I've spent a year and a half in Shanghai, went back, then found a way to make it back, although only for another year and a half...

I definitely do plan to come back and try to do some stuff related to the things I love, mainly skateboarding and Linux...  There is so much opportunity here, seeing as many things are still way too young.  I'm stoked about the future of this country.. and specially Beijing, and hope to be a part of it.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.